Heating Plates for Chick Brooders
- Extra Small:
- Keeps up to 15 chicks warm
- 15 watts/hr
- Plate & Cover: 10" x 10"
- Cover height: 3.5"
- Keeps up to 20 chicks warm
- 22 watts/hr
- Plate & Cover: 12" x 12"
- Cover height: 5"
- Keeps up to 30 chicks warm
- 42 watts/hr
- Plate & Cover: 16" x 16"
- Cover height: 7"
- Keeps up to 50 chicks warm
- 66 watts/hr
- Plate & Cover: 16" x 24"
- Cover height: 7"
- Height of all sizes adjusts from 1.5" to 6" by adjusting the yellow legs
- Yellow legs: 9.5"L
- ABS plastic
- Cord: 70"L
- 1 year warranty
Use a Heating Plate Temperature Controller which allows control of Premier's Heating Plates output between 20% - 100% of full output.
Heating plate advantages over a heat lamp:
- Uses much less electricity. Only 22 watts (66 for the larger plate) vs 175 or 250 watts for a heat lamp.
- Less risk of fire because of the much lower surface temperature (125°).
- A hen keeps chicks warm beneath a heat source. So does a heat plate.
The rugged plate cover (optional and sold above) prevents older chicks from perching on top and fouling the unit with droppings. However, the plate can be hand-washed to remove dust and debris.
How to Use
When the heating plate is plugged directly into the outlet, the red light comes on and stays on.
When it is plugged into the Heating Plate Temperature Controller, it will blink based on the min/max adjustment. Slow blink toward minimum and quicker toward max. If you turn it all the way up, it will come on full time.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Luann R from Pennsylvania
Perfect! This adjusts well and works very well for baby chicks.
Chris T from Tennessee
Worked great and was a good price. Had 38 chicks under two plates for 4 weeks, but I think one would have been enough. The plates didn’t seem too hot to me. They stayed low enough to touch the chicks back when they where standing.
Shelly M from Oklahoma
I agree with another review. The hot plate is very hot to touch and will burn my fingers if kept on the plate so I know it will burn the chicks. I have the plate one notch from the top for 3 day old chicks. Maybe the company can come up with something to protect the chicks from burning if the plate is too hot. I defiantly recommend ordering the top when you order the heat plate. I am much happier with this over a light bulb set up. I have had to many fall in the past. The chicks are loving the set up running in and out of the plate. Happy Chicks=Happy Momma!
Hollie V from New York
I wouldn't use anything else for my chicks for several reasons.
1. The product is sturdy and well made; far superior to other products I have used.
2. The plate and cover are very easy to clean and the legs can be adjusted easily with heights for any size hatchling.
3. From bantam chicks to goslings, they all love going under the plate. They seem to feel safer and have a regular day/night schedule.
4. Chicks raised under the plate seem calmer and healthier than those raised under a light.
5. The customer service here is very good. I contacted them with an issue and it was resolved quickly and with a friendly attitude.
Tracy M from Kansas
So happy with this investment. Obviously more expensive than a heat lamp. But what peace of mind not worrying about a fire. It’s hilarious to watch the chicks run and duck under the plate!!!
Very well made and will last for many more chicks to come!