Camelid Shearing Comb
Specialized 13-tooth comb for shearing llamas, alpacas, camels, vicuñas and guanacos. Leaves a cover of 6–10 mm of hair/wool.
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- 13 tooth (every other tooth is elevated)
- 3.65mm thick
- 77mm wide / twin beveled
- Made in Switzerland
- the comb and cutter are installed as described in the instructions
- the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head
- to have 1/8" space from end of comb (bevel) to tip of cutter
- the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb
- the tension is set correctly
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Questions? Please call and talk to our consultants at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Randy B from Montana
They look good but I have not used them yet.
Scott O from Illinois
This comb along with the ceramic cutter were the best purchases I could have made. I went from 3 hours per animal shear time to 30 minutes! I wish I had found Premier 1 a long time ago, I could have saved myself hours of work. I am actually looking forward to shearing my 11 alpacas next spring.
John W from Ohio
These combs are perfect for alpacas because of the raise in the fingers keeps you from snagging skin.
Terry S from California
Very happy with my blades. Bought 2 sets but was able to shear 2 alpacas with only one set. Worked great! No nicks, cuts or wounds of any kind. paid for themselves the first time I used them by not having to pay someone else to do the job.
Doug N from Iowa
Sheared my first alpaca with it. Went great. No nicks, no cuts, and no blood. Very happy!