Crusader Shearing Comb
- 9 tooth
- 3.3-3.4mm thick
- 94.5mm wide / long bevel
- Uses LG2 technology to cut-down on grease build up
- Made in Switzerland
- the comb and cutter are installed as described in the instructions
- the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head
- to have 1/8" space from end of comb (bevel) to tip of cutter
- the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb
- the tension is set correctly
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
WARNING: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
WARNING: Use caution when shearing with 9 tooth combs. The extra space between the teeth (as compared to 13 tooth combs) can allow fingers or loose skin of animals to be cut. Beginner shearers should avoid 9 tooth combs until properly trained.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Questions? Please call and talk to our consultants at 800-282-6631.