- Works on all 13, 17, 20, 22, 23 tooth combs
- Fits all 4 point, 3" hand pieces
How to Use
Storing the Clipper/Shearer, Blades, Combs & Cutters
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearer.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust destroys both edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact. (We offer a storage box and wool felt for the blades and a case for the clippers.)
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
- Who uses lapping machines and who does not? Premier does and you can ship them to us. Other firms also use systems/machines that work well.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb & cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Gayle E from Virginia
It worked great along with the Spitfire blade. Only did one very dirty black sheep and the clippers never got hot.
Rickie B from Iowa
I've been shearing sheep for years! They stay very sharp for several sheep very pleased with my purchase will definitely purchase more in the future! The service and delivery was exceptional also. Will not hesitate to order again.
Charles L from West Virginia
After trying for last several years to cut the hair on my two blond golden retrievers to give them relief from the heat using dog clippers which would take 2 to 3 hours each i purchased these from premier and they did a great job of cutting their hair and it took approximately 30 minutes each with no cuts or blood. First time i ever used shears and the best price on internet and made of gteat quality
Joan K from Arizona
The cutters worked great, it was good to have extras on hand for quick changes to a fresher/sharp blade. The shearing season was late this year because the colder unseasonably winter-spring weather hung around until mid May then the last week of May turned into hot summer days. Now, I'll be sending my used cutter in, by mail, to be resharpened for another season.
R. Y from Illinois
Cutter works great and received it the very next day after I ordered it!