Phantom R Shearing Comb
Rounded tips and long shearer's bevel reduces nicks. 3.4 mm thick, 77 mm wide with round long bevels.
- For shaping show animals
- For shearing llamas, goats and coarse wools
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- Blocking sheep, beef cattle and dairy cattle
- Shearing fiber goats, llamas and alpacas
- 20 rounded tip teeth
- 3.4 mm thick, 77 mm wide
- Similar to Oster 7112, Sullivan's Beveled comb
- Fits any 3" shearing head
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
#10 White Clipping Oil, 4 oz bottleItem #258200 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$3.20
Combs and Cutters - Large
Comb LifterItem #862700 -
Leaves a layer up to 0.75" of uncut fiber on camelids, goats and other hair species.$5.00
Shearing PosterItem #860000 -
This poster includes easy to follow diagrams and instructions for shearing sheep. 14" x 20". Laminated.$9.25
Combs and Cutters - Large
Ceramic CutterItem #850040 -
Holds cutting edge up to 3 times as long as normal cutters.$16.00
Spitfire CutterItem #850000 -
Standard 4 point cutter for shearing machines. Works well with Premiers combs and shearing heads.$9.50
Storm Shearing CutterItem #850030 -
The tooth shape of this cutter enables it to run evenly across the comb. Use with 9-tooth combs like our Apache.$11.00
Premier Comb/Cutter BoxItem #824606 -
Use this handy box to keep expensive combs and cutters organized, clean, safe and lubricated.$3.20
Comb ScrewdriverItem #824600 -
For securing combs to shearing machines. Provides more leverage than a normal screwdriver and fits comb screws on all major shearing units.$3.00
#10 White Clipping Oil, 1/2 gal. jugItem #258400 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$20.25
Imprinting - Large Clipper Blades, Combs or Cutters (each)Item #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Marty B from Utah
We have several sheep as pets, so our priority is to simply keep them comfortable during the warm summer months. We are an amateur shearing team. The Phantom R Shearing Comb is fantastic. The Oster shearer glides along with absolutely no nicks and snags. It reduced shearing time for us by at least 50%. Keep in mind, we’re not shearing for either appearance or wool, but in professional hands, this comb would be amazing.
Laura R from Wisconsin
Fast shipping. Great comb for my fiber goats.
Sandra S from Pennsylvania
Worked perfectly on muy daughter's market lamb. Started on her breeding ewe. Tensioner loosened broke off 3 teeth
Darrell J from Oregon
Prompt, courteous, efficient have recommended a family purchase a 4000s like mine since we are so happy with it.
Kim L from New York
This comb definitely increases your shearing time, but NO nicks! Felt more confident using this with wiggly sheep.