Xplorer Pro Cordless Clipper
New! High-speed cordless clipper for horses, cattle and show stock. More powerful than its predecessor, the Xplorer Pro Clipper features two speeds and Heiniger’s patented tension indicator.
- Cordless operation—(2) batteries included, for up to 4 hours of runtime
- Powerful, 2-speed motor for smooth finish (up to 2,900 strokes/min)
- Adjustment knob with built-in tension indicator extends the life of the clipper and blades
- Charge level LED integrated into the lithium-ion battery
- Lightweight, contoured design for all-day comfort
Step up to best-in-class performance!
- Dimensions: 11"L x 2"W x 2"H
- Weight: 2.15 lbs (with battery installed)
- Grip diameter: 1.75"
- Two-speed motor generates 2,450/2,900 strokes/min
- Noise emission: 85/89 dB (A) with blades
- 10.8 volt lithium-ion; 2850 mAh
- Runtime: 90–120 mins
- Charging time: 90 minutes
- Precision made in Switzerland
- Xplorer Pro Cordless Clipper
- 35/17 Blade Set with screwdriver
- (2) lithium-ion batteries
- 110V battery recharger
- 3.5 oz oil
- Cleaning brush
- Hardshell carrying case
X-Series Clippers — Quick Comparison
|# of speeds||1-speed||1-speed||2-speed|
|Strokes/min||2,500||2,450||2,450 or 2,900|
|Decibels w/ blades||84 dB||87 dB||85/89 dB|
|Weight||2.6 lb||2.15 lb||2.15 lb|
|Battery runtime||2 hrs||90–120 mins|
|Time to recharge||90 mins||90 mins|
|# included batteries||(2) Li-ion||(2) Li-ion|
|Battery capacity||2850 mAh||2850 mAh|
|Battery level LED||✘||✔|
How to Use
Preparing the Animal for Clipping
- Remove the dirt from the hair first. If this is not done, expect accelerated blade wear and a reduction in animals clipped between blade sharpenings in exact proportion to the amount of dirt present. The benefits of dirt removal prior to clipping cannot be over-emphasized. Example: Those who wash their lambs prior to clipping often clip 20–30 club lambs between sharpenings (if the blades have been sharpened properly on a lapping machine). Those who don’t and have lambs with sand and soil in the wool often clip less than two lambs between sharpenings.
- Washing the animal with soap and water removes the most dirt. If this is not practical, use a high power vacuum or blower to remove as much dirt as possible from the hair or wool.
- Restrain the animal. Few animals like the sound of a clipper or the feel of vibration on their skin. When they react to either without warning, accidents can and will happen. Therefore, for the sake of you, your animal and your clipper, restrain the animal properly prior to clipping.
Changing the Clipping Blades
- Important: Power the unit off and remove the lithium-ion battery before removing the clipper blades.
- Turn the adjusting knob counter-clockwise until the resistance decreases.
- For ease of installation, turn machine upside down.
- Loosen the bottom clamping screws and remove the clipping blades.
- Place the new top blade onto the guiding tips of the swiveling lever. Apply a few drops of oil on the polished surfaces of the top blade.
- Install the new bottom blade. Align the ground surface so it extends 1.5–2mm past the tip of the upper blade.
- Firmly tighten both bottom clamping screws. (You should be able to read the imprinting on the bottom blade if installed correctly.)
- Before turning the unit right side up, tighten the tension knob on top of the clipper head until you feel slight resistance. This keeps the top blade positioned correctly when turning the unit over.
Setting the Correct Tension
- Before you start clipping, tighten the adjusting knob clockwise until you begin to feel resistance.
- Turn the knob another 1/4 turn clockwise. The machine is now ready for use.
- While clipping, repeat the steps above to make tension adjustments. If the blades aren’t cutting well, increase tension. If this does not produce the desired result, the blades must be replaced or sharpened.
- If the clipping pressure is set too low, hair can gather between the clipping blades. This results in a poor clipping quality. Use the supplied brush to clean the blades and clipping head. Lubricate with clipping oil and re-tension.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound.
Use a lightweight clipping oil for lubrication. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade. Every 10 minutes add oil into the small hole in front of the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
If spare parts are used during the life of this product, please ensure they are genuine Heiniger parts. Failure to use genuine Heiniger parts may reduce the performance of this product and will void any warranty claim.
Premier is an authorized Heiniger repair center and offers a professional resharpening service for most blades, combs and cutters.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Heiniger EquipmentItem #708-620 -
Genuine Heiniger accessories for the Xperience, Xplorer and Xplorer Pro large animal clipping machines.$110.00