HenGear Nesting Box
Easy-to-clean metal nesting boxes that meet the needs of medium or large flocks. Reversible roll-out tray can face forward, or out the back, protecting precious eggs from egg-eating hens.
- Hinged back allows outside the coop access to evict roosting hens from sleeping in (and soiling) the nest box at night
- Extra wide nest pad reaches from laying area into the collection tray. Pad provides a smooth ride for eggs and eliminates unsightly dust lines from wire mesh.
- Includes a wood trainer egg to encourage pullets to lay within the box
- Galvanized metal construction stands up to wear-and-tear and does not rot.
- Reversible tray allows flockmasters to choose which direction eggs roll-out.
- Hinged back door for night time access to evict roosting hens.
- Fold-up perch prevents hens from roosting in (and soiling) the boxes at night.
- Curtained nesting area provides ample privacy and security from the hens.
- Extra wide removable nesting pad. A plastic, ease to clean bedding replacement. Covers the laying and collection compartments to reduce soiling of the eggs.
Small Nesting Box
- Box: 24"L x 20"W x 21"H
- Nesting Pad: 23.75"L x 19.70"W
- Accommodates up to 20 hens throughout the day
Medium Nesting Box
- Box: 34"L x 19.5"W x 20"H
- Nesting Pad: 33.75"L x 19.40"W
- Accommodates up to 32 hens throughout the day
Large Nesting Box
- Box: 54"L x 19.5"W x 20"H
- Nesting Pad: 53.75"L x 19.40"W
- Accommodates up to 52 hens throughout the day
Made in the USA
Jostling from jumping hens can loosen screws. Use a threadlocker to prevent this.
- Somewhere hens feel safe and want to lay their eggs
- Accessible to egg collectors
- Easy to clean
Otherwise, hens will lay on the floor where the eggs are likely to be soiled. Encourage chickens, geese and quail to lay eggs in the proper nesting area by placing one ceramic or wooden egg per nest box.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Michael D from Florida
I am very happy to say the quality of this nest box is bang on. I did watch a video on YouTube. As far as the assembly goes it’s very easy to assemble. I just need to get the hens more comfortable with it. It should be good choice for anyone looking for an affordable product that is well made. AND MADE IN THE USA!
David V from Pennsylvania
This is my third nest box of this style. I bought two mediums and used them two years before buying the large as I am increasing my flock. Previously I used homemade boxes. I was initially concerned about the cost, but they are worth every penny. Easier to clean, almost eliminated the need to wash eggs, and lighter when moving coops. It helps to have a second person with you when assembling.
Richard S from Pennsylvania
Best nesting box I have ever had the occasion to use. The only problem is that some of the bolts occur in places where big fingers have difficulty working, and large pop rivets might work better.
Brian O from Illinois
My family is in our first year/first flock of chickens. This is our second chicken related purchase from P1 and we couldn’t be happier. When researching this style nesting box I came across HenGear. And while this particular style nesting box is similar across a handful of brands, I feel HenGear really put some extra thought into their signature box vs competitor brands. When I moved our ladies from our FB marketplace coop to our permanent coop, I knew this product was a must to fit my whole goal of “easy maintenance”. I set it up as the rear rollout for easy access and to limit entering the coop.
People complained about the instructions but I had this thing together in about 20 min give or take. It’s not that hard to understand. Upon introducing the hens to their new home, I put two of them up on the roosting bar to explore the nesting box and soon after the other girls followed. I even left one egg, with the provided trainer egg propped inside the nesting area of the box. Later that day the roll out tray was full… including the trainer egg and previous days egg.
Overall, I am very thrilled with this nesting box and I firmly believe that this purchase will pay for itself! Eventually I’d like to get the auto roost release and the roll out warmer for our Midwest winters. Again, HenGear really seems to have put some thought into all of this.
My one and only complaint, there was a little dent on the front top of my shiny new toy… and the shipping box wasn’t damaged. But let’s be honest, this thing is made to take a beating from the years ahead!
Ruben G from Florida
Good service... on time, too! Thank you!