HenGear Nesting Box
Easy-to-clean metal nesting boxes that meet the needs of medium or large flocks. Reversible roll-out tray can face forward, or out the back, protecting precious eggs from egg-eating hens.
Fall 2020 improvements (Large Box only):
- Hinged back allows outside the coop access to evict roosting hens from sleeping in (and soiling) the nest box at night.
- Extra wide nest pad reaches from laying area into the collection tray. Pad provides a smooth ride for eggs and eliminates unsightly dust lines from wire mesh.
- Includes a wood trainer egg to encourage pullets to lay within the box.
Large Nesting Box
- 48"L, 20"W, 21"H
- Accommodates up to 48 hens throughout the day.
Medium Nesting Box
- 24"L, 20"W 21"H
- Accommodates up to 20 hens throughout the day.
Made in the USA.
- Galvanized metal construction stands up to corrosion and wear.
- Reversible tray allows flockmasters to choose which direction eggs roll-out.
- Large nesting box features a hinged back door for night time access to evict roosting hens.
- Fold-up perch prevents hens from roosting in (and soiling) the boxes at night.
- Curtained nesting area provides ample privacy and security from the hens.
- Extra wide removable nesting pad. A plastic, ease to clean bedding replacement. Covers the laying and collection compartments to reduce soiling of the eggs.
- Metal construction does not rot.
Jostling from jumping hens can loosen screws, use a threadlocker to prevent this.
Only the Large unit arrives with the hinged back, wide nest pad and nesting egg. These features are not included in the Medium box.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Bob A from Kentucky
Only a week, but chickens seem to like it. Watched video before and during assembly. Seems sturdy. I know Premier 1 poultry fences are great and I believe this will be the same.
Cheryl A from Tennessee
I absolutely love this nest box. My eggs are so much cleaner.
Wyspher W from Kansas
This henbox has been wonderful, my girls like it and my eggs are clean. No more egg eating. Shipping was fast!
Kristen L from New York
Seems ok, pain to assemble. Out of forty 5 month old chickens, only one used one of the two nest boxes, just one time in three months. I've baited it with all sorts to get them in, put brooder heaters under the egg part so they don't freeze, but not a hit. For the price & trouble... Flop.
Jennifer M from Tennessee
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.....