Hobby Farm Series - Beef Cattle Book
By Ann Larkin Hansen.
Few things are as satisfying as raising livestock for food or to graze your pastures as "nature's lawn mowers." Seasoned handlers and beginners alike will benefit from this book, a hands-on guide to feeding, handling, and raising a small herd. With helpful tips, full-color photos, and a comprehensive glossary, this book offers everything a small-scale farmer needs to succeed.
- Choose the breed that's best for your farm
- Construct practical fencing and shelter
- Keep your herd healthy with a nutritious diet
- Nurture purchased calves or breed your own
- Spot symptoms of common cattle diseases
- Produce hormone-free beef for your family and friends
- Explore cattle resources and Web site
- Why Beef Cattle
- Beef Cattle: A Primer
- Before You Begin: Fences, Feed and Facilities
- Choosing, Buying, and Bringing Home Cattle
- Feeding Beef Cattle
- Handling Beef Cattle
- Keeping Beef Cattle Healthy
- Breeding Beef Cattle
- Marketing and Processing Your Cattle
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.