Kane Mineral Feeder
- For orphan lambs & kids. Their stomachs are not able to thrive (or survive) on hay and grass until they are 10 weeks old. It's too expensive to feed milk replacer so long. The solution is grain, pellets and soybean meal.
- For weaned lambs being pushed to catch the late spring markets.
- For show animals.
- For thin or sick breeding animals requiring special attention.
- For salt or mineral—should be available free choice year-round. These feeders are ideal for supplying loose salt and salt/mineral mixes indoors.
- 1.5 gal
- Size: 10.5"L, 5.5"W, 14.5"H
- Eating opening (ea): 4.5"W x 4"H
- Adjustable feed flow
- Comes with brackets to hang on a wall
How to Use
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Michelle H from South Dakota
Working well so far with my Boers and Lamanchas. As previously mentioned, some kind of “stop” would be best to install so that the goats don’t push it off the holder. Making one that doubles as a hinged lid is recommended as well. My bucks like to push it off the holder when it’s empty and the Guineas in the barn can make a mess of the mineral inside if it’s not covered. The mineral level adjustment is a bit less than I’d like but it’s not terrible. All in all, it’s functional with some minor tweaks.
Jessica M from Idaho
Love the small size for creep feeding goats! However was disappointed there were no screws to hang it! Now I need to search for screws to fit! That's disappointing!
Stacey S from Ohio
This feeder is smaller than I anticipated. However, it is a perfect indoor free mineral feeder for my two ewes and a great creep feeder for our current 7 lambs. The bracket is good and secure. no trouble so far!!
Dissapointed....They mineral feeder does not stay on the bracket as the goats get up under it and push it off. Tried lowering it with the same results...Maybe it will work better as a creep for young kids...
Chris S from South Carolina
Great feeder. Just need to add a lid.