Kaolin Pectin Suspension
New! For oral administration as an aid in the treatment of noninfectious diarrhea. Reduces irritation to the gastro-intestinal mucosa and preserves the integrity of the gastrointestinal lining.
- Absorbs toxins in the gastrointestinal tract
- Effective against simple diarrhea in multiple species
- Can be used in cattle, horses, dogs and cats
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS — Each fluid ounce (2 tablespoonfuls) contains:
- Kaolin 90 gr. (5.8 g)
- Pectin 4 gr. (0.268 g)
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Xanthan Gum, Artificial Flavors, Methyl Paraben, Artificial Color, Propyl Paraben, Sodium Saccharin.
- Can kaolin pectin be used to treat scours in sheep and goats?
- You can use kaolin pectin to treat non-infectious diarrhea in sheep and goats. Scours can be symptomatic of other diseases or conditions (e.g. bacteria, virus, parasites, diet), so make sure that you know what the animal is afflicted with before using any medicine.
Take the animal’s temperature with a rectal thermometer. If it is above normal range (goats should be 102–103°F), other medications and antibiotics may be needed to control the infection. Please consult your veterinarian.
How to Use
Dosage: Administer orally after first sign of diarrhea and after each loose bowel movement, or as needed.
- Cattle and Horses: 6 to 10 fl oz
- Calves and Foals: 3 to 4 fl oz
- Dogs and Cats: 1 to 3 tablespoonfuls
Storage: Store at controlled room temperature between 15°–30°C (59°–86°F). Keep container tightly closed when not in use. Protect from freezing.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.