High capacity poultry feeders for the coop or in the pasture.
- Suitable for use with chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese and other waterfowl
- Hinged lid for easy filling
- Feed-saver ring discourages scratching
- Optional rain-shield protects feed trough from water
- Elevated trough keeps dirt and debris out of the feed
New! Leg Extensions (sold separately) elevate feeder an additional 3-3/4" (7-3/4" overall).
|Kubic, 30 lb||Kubic, 50 lb||Kubic, 70 lb|
|Capacity||30 lb||50 lb||70 lb|
|Can It Hang||no||no||no|
* Number Fed is determined by capacity multiplied by 4 oz (amount of feed the average adult chicken eats per day).
- Rain Shield measures 22.5" wide overall with a 13" opening to insert the feeder.
- Leg Extensions (3) elevate feeder an additional 3-3/4" (7-3/4" overall).
To reduce “bridging” and “rat-holing”, use a coarsely ground feed to maintain proper flow. Feeds with too many fines may bind up in humid climates.
We prefer coarse cracked, crumble or pelleted type feeds. Our hens will pick their preferred pieces from feeds with a high proportion of fines and waste the rest.
If you find excessive waste, consider changing the feed type, or raising the feeder (making it more difficult to scoop out feed).
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Yulia R from Florida
This is a very well-made feeder. I like sturdy, smooth, and thick plastic that the feeder is made of. It was easily to assemble. Good capacity. Chickens liked it right away. I have it inside the coop, so I can’t attest to the rain proof capacity. I really like the domed roof—so far, chickens did not succeed in perching on it.
Mindy C from Florida
Great feeder. Easy direction. Fast shipping.
Jack P from Iowa
Easy to put together and use.
Shawn D from Washington
I am not a farmer. I have a handful of chickens and guinea fowl. Pets that lay eggs! I spent a considerable amount of time researching these feeders. They hold a lot of food and they are off the ground. The food flows without clogging. They keep the food dry and rodents can’t access the reservoir area. They are constructed from heavy plastic and there is no metal anywhere on the units to rust.
Trent G from Colorado
I like the construction and rain-proof capability with the rain cover attachment, but my 6 x 10 week old chicks spilled at least 1/3 of the 50lb bag of feed. Now I’m having to replace this feeder with one that has feeding ports in order not to waste feed and feed the mice and rabbits.