LAC-TEK II Milk Feeding System
New! The LAC-TEK II Milk Feeding System is a heavy-duty automatic milk feeder for up to 120 orphan lambs and goat kids. Designed to provide a constant, uniform and easily accessible supply of milk replacer or formula for large flocks/herds.
The machine automatically mixes small quantities of powdered milk replacer/formula with warm water at a desired concentration. The mix is made in regulated batches. When the milk level goes below the sensor, the feeder starts a new batch. Animals take the mixed liquid by means of a rubber nipple.
- Provides milk for up to 120 orphans
- Produces very uniform lambs/kids at weaning
- Mix only what you need—less spoilage
- Built-in thermostat warms water to a preset temperature, up to 110°
- Adjustable milk/water ratio for desired concentration as animals age
- Daily cleaning takes about 10 minutes
- When used on our farm, nipples lasted for 100 lambs
- 6 month warranty
Automatic Milk Feeders Compared
- Dimensions: 20" x 22" x 30"
- 6 lamb/kid nipples
- 6 nipple connectors
- 18 feet of nipple tubing
- 3 nipple panels—up to 6 nipple panels can be used with this unit. Additional nipple panels available under the "Replacement Parts" tab
- 2.5 gallon reservoir (for warming water)
- 50 lb capacity stainless steel hopper for milk powder
- Rating: 110 volts, 1500 watts
- Operating manual
How to Use
- Nipples must be set 1" above the level of the milk in the mixing bowl.
- If mixed milk has cooled lambs won’t be eager to consume cold milk. Not a problem unless only 1-2 lambs/kids.
- Spoilage can occur in warm weather.
- Warm temperatures may cause milk to froth which covers the sensor. This delays the mixing of a fresh batch.
- Must be kept from freezing. Some build an insulated box and/or install a heat lamp.
- Requires a 20 amp breaker.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.