Lamb Finisher Trace Mineral Premix
New! A nutrient dense trace mineral supplement specifically for all stages of lamb development—from starter to finisher. Contains high levels of calcium to properly balance the Ca:P ratio of high concentrate diets.
- Mix 5 lbs of premix with 1 ton of lamb feed
- High levels of zinc and iodine for hoof health, with enhanced selenium
- Nutritionist formulated to exceed NRC requirements
Add Sheep/Goat Vitamin A/D/E Premix for diets low in fresh forage.
The GOLD Formula difference…
Formulated by Premier’s small ruminant nutritionist, Dr. Dan Morrical, Ph.D., Lamb Finisher Trace Mineral Premix maximizes your flock’s health and immunity. Contains high levels of zinc, iodine and other essential trace minerals.
Zinc, the most commonly deficient micro-mineral in forages, is not added in quantity to most other mixes. So we’ve increased zinc from 22ppm to 24,000ppm as fed (compared to other mixes) to promote stronger, healthier hooves. (Hoof growth is a long term process so benefits may not be seen for several months.)
Calcium has been increased to properly balance the Ca:P ratio of high concentrate diets.
- Calcium (Ca), min 29.00%
- Calcium (Ca), max 34.00%
- Sulfur (S), min 2.9%
- Copper (Cu), min 0 ppm
- Copper (Cu), max 9 ppm
- Cobalt (Co), min 85 ppm
- Molybdenum (Mo), min 200 ppm
- Selenium (Se), min 130 ppm
- Iron (Fe), min 650 ppm
- Iodine (I), min 800 ppm
- Manganese (Mn), min 16,000 ppm
- Zinc (Zn), min 40,000 ppm
Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Molybdate, Mineral Oil, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Sodium Selenite, Ferrous Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate.
Limestone is used as a carrier for calcium.
How to Use
Always provide a source of fresh, clean water.
Sample Rations using 5 lbs. of Lamb Finisher Trace Mineral Premix:
- Creep/Starter Ration – 19% (as fed) crude protein for lambs under 60 lbs
- Grower Ration – 15% (as fed) crude protein for lambs 60–100 lbs
- Finisher Ration – 12% (as fed) Crude Protein for lambs over 100 lbs
- Cracked Corn…1641 lbs
- Soybean Meal (46)…300 lbs
- Salt…10 lbs
- Calcium Carbonate…30 lbs
- ADE Premix…2 lbs
- Ammonium Chloride…10 lbs
- Deccox…2 lbs
- Lamb Finisher Premix…5 lbs
* For All 3 Rations: If the ration is too dusty one can add molasses at 5% of the ration or vegetable oil at 2% of the ration in place of corn. One can also spray up to 5 gallons of water into the mixer while mixing.
* For Starter Ration: Feed high quality hay in the creep feeder to help attract lambs to the feeder.
* For Finisher & Grower Ration: Limit long stem hay feeding at 5–15% of the lamb’s intake will help with rumen acidosis. This will amount to .2 to .5 pounds per day. Excess hay feeding will reduce lamb performance and self-fed large hay packages are discouraged as intake cannot be regulated.
Read all warnings and cautions on label. Follow mixing and feeding instructions carefully. For livestock use only.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
John H from Montana
This is a great economical way to use your own feed to make a great starter feed for bum lambs.
Wayne C from Nebraska
I have been looking for a product to use that met the recommendations of Dr. Morrical after watching the video of his presentation at Premeir 1 sheep field day. I ordered this product and the sheep mineral as soon as I was aware that they were available. This fills the void I had with other premixes.