These EZ-Mark® harness crayons are a great way to identify if a ewe or doe has been bred.
- Mild crayons available in red, blue, green, orange, black & yellow
- Hot (FIRM) and Cold (SOFT) crayons available in red, blue & green
- Hot Crayons, FIRM, 85–aboveºF
- Mild Crayons, 65–85ºF
- Cold, SOFT, 25–65ºF
- Size: front end 2" wide, back end 2 1/4" wide. 4" long x 1" deep.
- Contains wax, colourants and inert excipients.
- No dangerous components.
- A metal pin (hidden under the label) comes with each crayon.
- Can be used with our Deluxe Marking Harness, Nylon Breeding Harness or Cross Your Heart Leather Breeding Harness.
How to Use
- Hold in one hand so crayon itself is facing you.
- Push the crayon (hole in the center) with finger or thumb.
- Crayon should pop out.
To put in holder on harness:
- Remove cotter pin out of back of crayon by making a slit down middle of sticker.
- Place narrow end of crayon (plastic side down) in wide part of holder.
- Gently slide up until it can go no further.
- Slide cotter pin through holes on side of holder and crayon.
- With needle nose pliers, bend end of cotter pin to lock in place.
- The shade of the marks on wool may not exactly match the crayon color.
- Store in a dry, cool place to prevent crayons from melting.
- Always check the ram every day to see if the crayon needs changing or the harness needs adjusting!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Stanley S from Indiana
Ordered crayons last year in the fall and the cold weather crayons I received were great. They were attached to a plastic base. Ordered new crayons for the warmer weather and got the new crayons that are poured onto a tiny metal base. The first issue is that they aren't filled up all they way... the main issue is that they don't last. They fall apart. I put a mild crayon on my buck, 65-85 degree crayon... after ONE day at 75 degrees, the crayon has melted and fallen apart into pieces. Pieces of melted crayon laying all over my field and just a bare piece of metal on his harness remains. The crayons I got for the winter were a different brand. And they were much better. Now I'm left with melting disappointment.
Kayla Z from North Dakota
We absolutely love using these cold weathered breeding crayons with our Premier breeding harness. Very durable, easy to see and work way better then any other one we have tried. Highly recommended!
Frank V from Iowa
As usual, great service but....... crayons were ordered for cold weather service and were found to be woefully inadequate for this October wenather we have had. I watched a ram breed a ewe three times and I could not find ANY red marks on the ewe. The ewes were in confinement and very easy to check. Premier is a first class outfit and will make changes I am sure. Thank God for some Premier raddle powder I had!
Sarah S from Pennsylvania
Love Premier products! Have never had any problems until this year with the breeding harness crayons! We have gone through three crayons in 4 days and he has only bred one ewe! I called and they said they already using a new company for them. I want last years crayons back. They lasted.
Sharon D from Minnesota
These crayons were awful. They were not fully filled and they only lasted a few days. Missing the ones we used to get from Pipestone Vet Supply.