EZ-Mark® Marking Crayons
EZ-Mark® harness crayons are a great way to identify if a ewe or doe has been bred.
Crayons are available in red, blue, green, orange, yellow and black. For best results, use in outside temperatures from 40–80°F.
For outside temperatures lower than 40°F or higher than 80°F, look to Nettex Marking Crayons which are available in HOT/FIRM and COLD/SOFT options.
- Outside temperature range: 40–80°F
- Size: 4" length x (Front: 2" width, Back: 2 1/4" width) x 1" height
- Contains wax, colorants and inert excipients; no toxic components
- Metal cotter pin (hidden under the label) comes with each crayon
- Plastic case protects crayons during transport
- Compatible with Premier’s Deluxe Marking Harness, Nylon Breeding Harness or Cross Your Heart Leather Breeding Harness. (Harnesses sold separately.)
Marking Crayons Compared
How to Use
How to take off the protective plastic cover:
- Hold in one hand so crayon itself is facing you.
- Push the crayon (hole in the center) with finger or thumb.
- Crayon should pop out.
How to install crayon into harness holder:
- Remove cotter pin out of back of crayon by making a slit down middle of sticker.
- Place narrow end of crayon (plastic side down) in wide part of holder.
- Gently slide up until it can go no further.
- Slide cotter pin through holes on side of holder and crayon.
- With needle nose pliers, bend end of cotter pin to lock in place.
- The shade of the marks on wool may not exactly match the crayon color.
- Store in a dry, cool place to prevent crayons from melting.
- Always check the ram every day to see if the crayon needs changing or the harness needs adjusting!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
We have been using EZ-Mark® Crayons for several years on our own farms in southeast Iowa with good success. (Weather in Iowa can change quickly between very cold and very hot.) It has puzzled us that some have indicated the same good results while others have expressed disappointment.
Regardless, enough folks have expressed frustration—especially in hot or cold climates—that we felt an alternative must be offered. So we brought in marking… Read More » crayons from a reputable UK manufacturer. COLD/SOFT and HOT/FIRM crayons are available from Nettex for folks who want to try a different brand.
Stanley S from Indiana
Ordered crayons last year in the fall and the cold weather crayons I received were great. They were attached to a plastic base. Ordered new crayons for the warmer weather and got the new crayons that are poured onto a tiny metal base. The first issue is that they aren't filled up all they way... the main issue is that they don't last. They fall apart. I put a mild crayon on my buck, 65-85 degree crayon... after ONE day at 75 degrees, the crayon has melted and fallen apart into pieces. Pieces of melted crayon laying all over my field and just a bare piece of metal on his harness remains. The crayons I got for the winter were a different brand. And they were much better. Now I'm left with melting disappointment.
Frank V from Iowa
As usual, great service but....... crayons were ordered for cold weather service and were found to be woefully inadequate for this October wenather we have had. I watched a ram breed a ewe three times and I could not find ANY red marks on the ewe. The ewes were in confinement and very easy to check. Premier is a first class outfit and will make changes I am sure. Thank God for some Premier raddle powder I had!
Sarah S from Pennsylvania
Love Premier products! Have never had any problems until this year with the breeding harness crayons! We have gone through three crayons in 4 days and he has only bred one ewe! I called and they said they already using a new company for them. I want last years crayons back. They lasted.
Sharon D from Minnesota
These crayons were awful. They were not fully filled and they only lasted a few days. Missing the ones we used to get from Pipestone Vet Supply.
Traci L from North Dakota
The service from Premier was terrific! The crayons, however, not so much. I ordered the ones for the temperature matching our region & they were instantly sticky & difficult to handle to put in the harness. Only lasted 3 days & about 15 ewes.