- Size: front end 2" wide, back end 2 1/4" wide. 4" long x 1" deep.
- Contains wax, colourants and inert excipients.
- No dangerous components.
- A metal pin (hidden under the label) comes with each crayon.
- Can be used with our Deluxe Marking Harness, Nylon Breeding Harness or Cross Your Heart Leather Breeding Harness.
How to Use
- Hold in one hand so crayon itself is facing you.
- Push the crayon (hole in the center) with finger or thumb.
- Crayon should pop out.
To put in holder on harness:
- Remove cotter pin out of back of crayon by making a slit down middle of sticker.
- Place narrow end of crayon (plastic side down) in wide part of holder.
- Gently slide up until it can go no further.
- Slide cotter pin through holes on side of holder and crayon.
- With needle nose pliers, bend end of cotter pin to lock in place.
- The shade of the marks on wool may not exactly match the crayon color.
- Store in a dry, cool place to prevent crayons from melting.
- Always check the ram every day to see if the crayon needs changing or the harness needs adjusting!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Ann E from Arkansas
The crayons are way too soft, however because of this the marking is VERY obvious. If you have a small flock, then one crayon should do you and change color on clean up. I have a flock of 110 and using cidrs to get fall lambs. We have split the flock into 4 weekly groups and using multiple rams. We have to change the crayons weekly on the rams as I don't want to chance the crayon failing midway through a new group.
Timothy A from Michigan
Have just put crayon on but it is 30 degrees and snowing so am not worried about wearing off quickly. The thing I didn't like was the cotter pin had two ends same length so was much more difficult to bend the ends. Old style one end a little longer much easier to bend over. Small detail but I only carry pliers to change crayons so every little thing helps.
Chad M from Minnesota
I've been using the harness and crayon for decades. It works great every year.
Kody E from Oklahoma
Bold color, a little to soft for our weather this year, but the company had notices out about it pre-purchase. The worst thing about the marker is the metal bottom. When they start getting low, the metal base was sharp enough to scrap the skin from the dock about 6 inches up on my ewe. I will be super excited if the company goes back to plastic bases and plastic pins.
Robby B from Alabama
Crayon is too soft doesn't last very long in warm weather. I give the crayon 1 star but Priemier gets 5 stars for service love their service and products.