- Size: front end 2" wide, back end 2 1/4" wide. 4" long x 1" deep.
- Contains wax, colourants and inert excipients.
- No dangerous components.
- A metal pin (hidden under the label) comes with each crayon.
- Can be used with our Deluxe Marking Harness, Nylon Breeding Harness or Cross Your Heart Leather Breeding Harness.
How to Use
- Hold in one hand so crayon itself is facing you.
- Push the crayon (hole in the center) with finger or thumb.
- Crayon should pop out.
To put in holder on harness:
- Remove cotter pin out of back of crayon by making a slit down middle of sticker.
- Place narrow end of crayon (plastic side down) in wide part of holder.
- Gently slide up until it can go no further.
- Slide cotter pin through holes on side of holder and crayon.
- With needle nose pliers, bend end of cotter pin to lock in place.
- The shade of the marks on wool may not exactly match the crayon color.
- Store in a dry, cool place to prevent crayons from melting.
- Always check the ram every day to see if the crayon needs changing or the harness needs adjusting!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kalem S from Utah
First time I've used the Premier 1 crayon. So far I have used 3 hot temperature crayons. The first crayon fell out of the cartridge in its entirety almost immediately. Premier replaced it. Have had no issues with the second and replacement (third) crayons. They have held up well. Temperatures have been >90F. The crayons have left a good heavy mark that starts to fade after about a week so when they are due to cycle again you could probably get by with the same color if you wanted to.
Logan T from Tennessee
I would recommend you wait until July of 2017 to order these. As the site says above these crayons do not last long in the heat. We changed ours after 3 days and the second crayon did not mark after another 3 days. Some ewes were marked but we have several with no way of knowing if they were bred or when they are due to lamb. One star on this product until July, but I have placed several orders with Premier 1 and they have always been accurate. I have always received high quality products in the past and have faith that Premier will fix the crayons. I would recommend raddle powder until this problem is resolved.
Ann E from Arkansas
The crayons are way too soft, however because of this the marking is VERY obvious. If you have a small flock, then one crayon should do you and change color on clean up. I have a flock of 110 and using cidrs to get fall lambs. We have split the flock into 4 weekly groups and using multiple rams. We have to change the crayons weekly on the rams as I don't want to chance the crayon failing midway through a new group.
Timothy A from Michigan
Have just put crayon on but it is 30 degrees and snowing so am not worried about wearing off quickly. The thing I didn't like was the cotter pin had two ends same length so was much more difficult to bend the ends. Old style one end a little longer much easier to bend over. Small detail but I only carry pliers to change crayons so every little thing helps.
Chad M from Minnesota
I've been using the harness and crayon for decades. It works great every year.