Nettex Prolapse Harness
New! Securely (and gently!) contain vaginal prolapses of ewes or does. Adjustable nylon harness restricts the strain which pushes out the prolapse. If prolapses are treated when small, the success rate is very high.
- For use with sheep and goats
- Harness can remain in place during birth
- Animals can urinate and defecate past the harness
- Adjustable straps to fit ewes/does of all sizes
We recommend using the harness with a Prolapse Retainer (Ewespoon) until the animal stops straining. Then remove the spoon and slightly loosen the harness.
- Durable nylon webbing
- Made in United Kingdom
- Back strap: 2" wide
- Leg and vulva straps: 1" wide
- Approximate adjustment sizes:
- Neck, 40"
- Neck to hips, 23"
- Hip around leg, 59"
How to Use
- Create a loop at the end of the widest webbing strap (back strap) by sliding the plastic buckle up or down.
- Pass the single loose strap through the loop and around the neck of the ewe. This loose strap clips back to itself once around the neck and holds the harness in place at the head end.
- Run the wide webbing strap down the back towards the prolapse, passing the tail through the “A” shaped gap above the horizontal stitched webbing. These stitched horizontal pieces create a square to support the prolapse and should be situated top and bottom of the vulva.
- The two thinner straps pass down between the legs either side of the udder and go forward and up to buckle up on the top of the ewe at her loin.
- If a spoon is needed, it should be placed in the ewe and tied into the wool before putting the harness on.
- Leg, back and neck straps are all fully adjustable by threading the webbing through the buckles before placing in the buckle sheath. All buckles are fully secured when a loud “click” is heard.
Do NOT grab onto the harness as a way to catch a ewe. The buckles are designed for harness adjustment only.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Lambing and Kidding AidsItem #564806Z -
Premier’s Orphan Feeding Buckets include everything you need to feed milk replacer to orphan lambs and goat kids. 2 gallon and 4 gallon options.$44.65