- The neck, back and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes
- Snap buckles enable easy attachment, removal and adjustment
- Made from 1" and 2" nylon strapping
- Approximate adjustment sizes:
- Neck, 36"
- Neck to hips, 26"
- Hip around leg, 45"
- Allows you to help the ewe carry her lambs to full term.
- If prolapses are treated when small, the success rate is very high.
- Makes the ewe more comfortable and able to urinate on her own.
- The neck, back, and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes.
- We find that these harnesses will last for many years with moderate care.
How does it work? When a ewe strains, her neck drops and her back arches. This pulls the cross webbing of the harness tighter against the vulva and also pulls the retainer (if one is used) into the ewe. Most ewes soon cease to strain. Although ewes can lamb past a harness, we remove it when lambing starts.
Do not grab onto the harness as a way to catch a ewe. The buckles are designed for harness adjustment only.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Bonnie Y from Ohio
Got this product for a goat doe that had prolapsed. It wasn't in time for her but about a week later I found another goat with a prolapse. I used the retainer and the harness and successfully got the prolapse back in the goat. This process went pretty well, but it can be kind of hard when you are doing it yourself. Make sure you get the harness fitted before you put in the retainer. The doe did kid around the retainer and the harness. The kids were early and she dropped them between 10 pm and 8 am so the kids did not make it.
However, I would definitely use the product again and suggest everyone with breeding sheep or goats have the retainers and prolapse harness on hand. I bought four of the retainers and two of the harnesses so I have them on hand in the future.
Jennifer N from Texas
Did its job. Only thing is that it was slightly bigger than my ewe but nothing you can’t fix.
Lee M from Texas
I am very pleased with this prolapse harness. Very easy to use and my ewe is doing great.
Katherine M from Tennessee
Worked liked a charm. This is a must for anyone who has sheep.
Brother A from Maine
Great product. Very easy to use and good quality.