- The neck, back and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes
- Snap buckles enable easy attachment, removal and adjustment
- Made from 1" and 2" nylon strapping
- Approximate adjustment sizes:
- Neck, 36"
- Neck to hips, 26"
- Hip around leg, 45"
- Allows you to help the ewe carry her lambs to full term.
- If prolapses are treated when small, the success rate is very high.
- Makes the ewe more comfortable and able to urinate on her own.
- The neck, back, and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes.
- We find that these harnesses will last for many years with moderate care.
How does it work? When a ewe strains, her neck drops and her back arches. This pulls the cross webbing of the harness tighter against the vulva and also pulls the retainer (if one is used) into the ewe. Most ewes soon cease to strain. Although ewes can lamb past a harness, we remove it when lambing starts.
Do not grab onto the harness as a way to catch a ewe. The buckles are designed for harness adjustment only.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
David W from Missouri
Had a ewe trying to prolapse for a week before lambing. Harness worked great at holding everything in and slid out of the way when she did lamb. I was planning on taking it off when if I saw her lambing but she beat me to it. She is a smaller framed ewe and the harness did slide around a bit till I figured out the correct adjustments. But this is first time using. Highly recommend. We used this by itself with no spoon needed.
Heather H from Ohio
This is my first year using a prolapse harness since I don't usually feed grain, but I have some fatties this year. I bought another brand first and then a couple of these as backup. These ones fit my medium sized ewe, Icelandic, much better. It's easy to put on and adjust even with a feisty sheep.
M C from Nevada
Attached easily. Working as I type.
Carolyn B from Kentucky
Had to borrow one from a fellow shepherd. This is an awesome product. It works great!
South B from Oregon
It would work fine on small sheep, but I have Suffolk and it was to small for the tail and vulva, had to split the upper part with my knife so that the tail would fit in the hole and then the cross member blocked off her ass and she could poop, had to cut out the cross member section and leave a spoon at the same time. Vulva still swole up. Was very disappointed in the product.