- 1" wide
- 8.5" long without tension
- Stretches to 35 lb (half compressed)
- Stainless steel—so it won't rust
How to Use
- Attach one end of spring to a terminal insulator. (The P Spring will simply hook over some insulators; for others, you will need to tie the spring to insulators with rope or wire.)
- Attach conductor to other end of spring by taking the loose end of conductor and putting it through open end of spring.
- Pull conductor until spring is 1/3 to 1/2 compressed.
- Run conductor through the loop one more time and tie off.
- Whenever conductor becomes loose, repeat above steps.
However, if you don't have a helper to hold the tension on the rope, you may lose too much tension in the process of getting the RopeLink wrapped around the rope.
Solution: Attach the P Spring to the terminal insulator and loop the rope through it twice. Then pull the rope tight so the P Spring is FULLY compressed. When you get the RopeLink attached, you may have lost some of the tension on the rope, but the P Spring is half compressed just like it should be.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Michael R from Texas
Extremely easy to use and tightens the polyrope very nicely. I won’t do another horse pasture without them.
Rush Creek Farms from Illinois
This is our first time installing electric rope. We have used Premier equipment on our woven wire/hot wire fence and have used their electric netting for years. These springs and the plastic “daisy strainers” worked great for maintaining tension on the rope.
Katherine H from North Carolina
Just a phenomenal product! I’ve been using these for over a decade and they look and work like new. They are worth the money and help keep your fence tight. I’ve recently had two different trees fall on my fencing. Turn off the fence, cut away the tree and fence bounces right back up! Love it.
Barbara L from Colorado
Nice, small, compact spring. Perfect for the braid.
Marc W from Minnesota
Premier 1 has what I need and gets it out the door in a timely fashion. (Which is getting few and far between.)