- 8.5" long without tension
- 1" wide
- Stretches to 35 lb (half compressed)
- Stainless steel
- Should not rust
- Use with all types of rope conductors
- Easy to use
How to Use
- Attach one end of spring to a terminal insulator. (The P Spring will simply hook over some insulators; for others, you will need to tie the spring to insulators with rope or wire.)
- Attach conductor to other end of spring by taking the loose end of conductor and putting it through open end of spring.
- Pull conductor until spring is 1/3 to 1/2 compressed.
- Run conductor through the loop one more time and tie off.
- Whenever conductor becomes loose, repeat above steps.
However, if you don't have a helper to hold the tension on the rope, you may loose too much tension in the process of getting the RopeLink wrapped around the rope.
Solution: Attach the P Spring to the terminal insulator and loop the rope through it twice. Then pull the rope tight so the P Spring is FULLY compressed. When you get the RopeLink attached, you may have lost some of the tension on the rope, but the P Spring is half compressed just like it should be.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Mary K from Oregon
These have worked well for me over the years. They allow for a 'boxing ring' effect in case your animals crash into the fence, or tree limbs fall on the fence. I think they help prevent insulator breakage in case of accidents. Spring = less equipment breaking . They are strong and I've only had 1 out of 30 break during animal accidents.
Lisa T from Missouri
Building a new paddock so ordered the P-Springs to do it. We've used these on all of our paddocks and they work great.
Patricia B from Pennsylvania
These make fencing so much easier!!! Love them!
Tamara W from Illinois
Great product, we are in the process of replacing all of our high tensile wire fence with rope fencing. (Big job!) The p-springs are easy to use and make it easy to get your fence tension just right!
Cynthia R from New York
I am a backyard horse owner, but want a secure , attractive fence. P-Springs are easy to use, keep the fence tight, no sagging except under heavy icing conditions, or tree falls after which the fence will spring back into shape or just need minor tightening. The springs protect the fence thus protect your livestock and help limit repairs.