- 1" wide
- 8.5" long without tension
- Stretches to 35 lb (half compressed)
- Stainless steel—so it won't rust
How to Use
- Attach one end of spring to a terminal insulator. (The P Spring will simply hook over some insulators; for others, you will need to tie the spring to insulators with rope or wire.)
- Attach conductor to other end of spring by taking the loose end of conductor and putting it through open end of spring.
- Pull conductor until spring is 1/3 to 1/2 compressed.
- Run conductor through the loop one more time and tie off.
- Whenever conductor becomes loose, repeat above steps.
However, if you don't have a helper to hold the tension on the rope, you may lose too much tension in the process of getting the RopeLink wrapped around the rope.
Solution: Attach the P Spring to the terminal insulator and loop the rope through it twice. Then pull the rope tight so the P Spring is FULLY compressed. When you get the RopeLink attached, you may have lost some of the tension on the rope, but the P Spring is half compressed just like it should be.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jennifer C from Idaho
Perfect for keeping my IntelliRope fence tight. While waiting for my order I purchased one locally and it was NOT useful.
William B from North Carolina
Exactly what I needed to tension line. We'll see how well the stainless steel holds up in my coastal environment. I wish additional sizes/spring rates were offered.
Gail G from Michigan
These are the best at tensioning rope lines.
Larry C from Georgia
Rick C from Louisiana
Great product! I can run 1320 ft of 4.5 Intellirope and 1 Rachet and stays plenty tensioned if manually pull the tension before using the rachet.
At first I thought there was too much sag but I dint have my step in line post in. Once those were put in every 20 ft there is virtually no slack!
Very easy to attach and if needed simple to remove the long ulinks to install thru an insulator eye if need to.