Heavy-duty 3 ft feeders used to provide grain, minerals, salt or water to animals. Portable for easy movement and stackable for storage.
- Excellent all-purpose trough for small barnyard animals. Also works well for providing feed or water to waterfowl.
- Compact size allows PortaTrough™ 3 to be used in a small pen of show lambs or goat kids
- Won’t crack if water freezes in it
- Easy to clean
Need a larger trough? See PortaTrough™ 5.
- Feed or water sheep, goats, livestock guardian dogs, ducks, geese and poultry
- Difficult for animals to tip over
- Stackable (up to 10) for easy movement and storage
- Side handle allows it to be inverted with a toe to tip out water or ice
- Shallow water depth allows waterfowl to bathe their heads and necks
- Rounded inner base discourages sheep and goats from standing in the feeder
- 4.5 gallon capacity
- Base: 34"L x 12.25"W
- Top: 32.25"L x 10"W
- Depth: 5.25"
- Made of polypropylene
- Do sheep or goats overturn them?
- Rarely, unless the animals have horns. (Our goats have hooked the side hole on occasion.)
- Can animals step in them?
- We designed the PortaTrough with a slick surface and convex base so sheep and goats seldom step/stand in them.
- Do they fill up with water?
- They can. We drill a hole into the bottom of troughs intended to be used outside as feeders or mineral bunks.
- What happens when ice forms in the trough?
- The rounded base allows ice to expand upwards as it freezes. To remove ice—lift trough, tip over and tap on the bottom with your foot.
- Do they freeze down into mud?
- Yes. But a quick jar on the side with a boot heel usually frees them.
- Are PortaTroughs unbreakable?
- They don't break easily, but like most things they are breakable. We've proven that driving over them with tractors will break them—though ATVs rarely do. Cattle and horses do them no good. They are sheep, goat and waterfowl resistant.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Paul L from Alabama
Father’s creatures have adapted to the troughs and eat every delicious morsel held within your well-built serving “platter”. The raccoons, opossum, cats, etc. are invited on a nightly basis to enjoy every tasty morsel held with your serving tray. Thanking you and wishing your family a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
Kurt H from Maine
Good and rugged. Works great for piglets. If you keep the piglets fed well they won’t toss it around.
Maria M from North Carolina
A good option for watering critters outside…heavy weight enough to stay put, but easy to grab to wash.
Kristin S from Tennessee
Indestructable! I bought these to use as feeding troughs for our pastured pigs. Pigs are good at destroying things. Not these. I think we have been using them for 3 years now. Well worth the money. Easy to clean too since there are no rolled seams and the surface is smooth.
Valerie H from Ohio
Nothing like this durable trough was available at my local feed supply store, I have a 4 month old German shepherd pup that loves water. She would dig at the water bowl until it was empty and dry leaving nothing for herself, or for any of the other dogs. This got old really quickly. So my search began for something rugged/durable not equine sized… this hit all the check marks and has lessened the fun water digging. So very cool product which I highly recommend.