PoultryNet® Plus 12/48/3 Electric Netting
A 48" tall portable electric fence used to keeps in chickens, ducks, geese and other poultry. Recommended for active, flighty birds and protection from large predators such as coyotes and dogs.
For fences that involve curves, corners and directional change, or when aesthetics are a concern, “Plus” nets include additional line posts to reduce sag. Line posts are spaced every 6'8" (vs. 10' for standard 48" PoultryNet).
Each roll is a complete fence with the posts already built into the mesh/fence. One roll (100 ft) weighs only 23 lbs. You will need a fence energizer to electrify the net.
Which PoultryNet® is right for you?We offer many fences to fit your situation, including complete kits, different heights and lengths, multiple colors, drivable posts and positive/negative options for dry soils. Visit this link to compare all PoultryNet options.
No extra gates needed. Just turn off the energizer and pull the first post to create an opening. For added convenience, a PoultryNet® Gate can be used to provide easy access without the need to turn the energizer off.
PoultryNet® Plus 12/48/3 is identical to standard 48" PoultryNet, but to help with sagging, we’ve added more posts to shorten the distance between them (6'8" vs. 10'). More posts means less sag and a more versatile fence which adapts easily to curves and hills.
Double spike posts are more stable in soft soils. Green is available for those who prefer to have the fence blend into the background or landscape.
- Contain and control the movement of chickens, ducks and other poultry on a daily or weekly basis.
- Rotate poultry to fresh grass as a food source and to reduce disease risks.
- Keep small flocks in the backyard. When managed well, chickens are an indispensable garden tool—turning pesky insects and weeds into rich compost.
- Keeps out deer, bears, raccoons, rabbits, foxes, coyotes, stray dogs and skunks.
- Can be used to contain and control livestock other than poultry, such as sheep, goats, cattle and guard dogs.
- 48" tall installed
- 12 horizontal strands (11 conductive)
- Horizontals are white and black (visible for humans and animals against all backgrounds) or green and black (for those who prefer to have the fence blend into the background or landscape).
- Horizontal spacings from bottom to top are: 2", 2", 2", 2", 4", 4", 4", 6", 6", 8", 8"
- Verticals are white plastic strings placed every 3"
- Line posts (0.60" dia.) are available with a double spike (DS)
- Line posts are made from PVC and are spaced every 6'8". Additional posts means less sag and a more versatile fence.
- Post spikes are 6" long and 0.26" dia.
- Available in 50' or 100' lengths
- 35 ohms of resistance per 1000'
Each net comes with 1 Warning Sign and 1 Repair Kit.
- #207018 - $1.56 per ft (100' b/w roll with double spike posts)
- #207017 - $1.86 per ft (50' b/w roll with double spike posts)
- #207021 - $1.56 per ft (100' green roll with double spike posts)
- #207022 - $1.86 per ft (50' green roll with double spike posts)
See PDFs and videos above for additional installation instructions.
Electric fence is a pain barrier, not a physical barrier. A common mistake is not electrifying it. Animals may escape or become entangled (and may die). On a % basis, entanglement is very rare, but it can and does occur. If animals are scared or starved it will not keep them in. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Netting must be moved when tall grass covers the lower “hot” strands. The alternative? Apply a strip of herbicide to kill vegetation.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause post spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.
With PoultryNet, the bottom hot wire can slip off of the plastic portion of the end posts onto the metal spikes. This will cause a dead short and no energy will be on the fence. Unhook the energizer and slide the hot wire back onto the post. Reconnect the energizer to the net and test.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Posts and AccessoriesItem #207012 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$2.80
Posts and AccessoriesItem #207013 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$2.80
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #201710 -
A handy kit that includes all of the essentials to repair tears and holes in electric netting.$2.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200800 -
Clip designed for the spikes on standard netting posts. Keeps bottom black strand from sliding up and creating a gap at the bottom of the net.$0.12
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #202203 -
Replaces lost, misplaced or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.575" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.20
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Lucy G from Maryland
Exactly what I needed. Best if moved with 2 people but I can do it myself.
Tom R from Texas
Works well at keeping our hens where they are supposed to be.
Kyra A from Maine
I love my fencing. I am only a year into caring for ducks and chickens and this fencing has made me a superstar. So easy, so effective and so versatile.
Thank you so much Premier 1!
Thomas K from Michigan
We are currently energizing 2-100' rolls of perma-net poultry netting with the PRS-B 50 solar energizer kit it's working great. We were doing great then all of a sudden started losing 1-3 chickens a day to fox so this was a quick fix but works great haven't lost any chickens in 2 weeks, only problem if you have flighty birds a few may get out but no big deal. Very very easy to install and use. A must have to keep predators out!!!!
Evelyn L from Ohio
Premier Electric netting is a wonderful product for containing chickens and protecting bee hives from predators. Because my fencing needs change, the portability is important. I can keep the chickens on fresh pasture by easily rotating the area. Their customer service response is quick and I received delivery in two days. This a great product.