Modular aluminum gates customized to suit your livestock application. Portable, lightweight panels are perfect for lambing pens, field gates and lanes.
Improved in 5 key areas…
- 2 ft modular design system. Cuts shipping costs. You can receive a 10 ft gate kit by UPS/SpeeDee. Orders over $100 ship FREE within the contiguous USA.
- 36" height (vs 41" on original design). Much easier to climb and reach over.
- Horizontal supports are closer together to better contain lambs and goat kids.
- 360º Hinge reduces bulk by allowing panels to fold flat.
- New! Universal Connecting Hinge connects panels together to form pens, or to attach other livestock handling equipment.
- PrimaGate™ 2 (Item #913701)
- Complete 4 ft gate includes: (1) left and (1) right end panel, (2) joining dowels, (4) bolts and (1) connecting pin.
- PrimaGate™ 2 Extension (Item #913711)
- Includes: (1) 2 ft center panel, (2) joining dowels and (4) bolts.
- Connect several gates together for long, adjustable mobile barriers.
- When used with the 360° Hinge, assembled panels will “accordion” or fold flat for convenient storage or transport.
- The Universal Connecting Hinge enables panels to fold flat for storage or transport.
- Lightweight. Half the weight of comparable steel bar gates/panels.
- Heavy duty. Assembled gates are as sturdy as our original one-piece design.
- Vertical top bars discourage jumping and reduce risk of animal injury.
- 36" height, tall enough to contain small ruminants, short enough for the shepherd to comfortably work over.
- Redesigned animal-resistant pin connections. (Pins no longer "pop-out" unexpectedly.)
- Won’t rust. Aluminum always looks new.
- Ships in 2 ft sections, to save $$ on shipping. Orders over $100 ship FREE within the contiguous USA.
- 36" tall
- Interlocking tongue-in-groove panels (24"W x 36"H) can be assembled together to create 4', 6', 8' and 10' gates
- Horizontal spacings: 2.75", 3", 3.5", and 4" (from bottom to top)
How to Purchase
|Item||Qty. to Purchase for…|
|4 ft||6 ft||8 ft||10 ft|
PrimaGate™ 2 Extension
How to Assemble
- Remove black end caps. (A hammer/mallet and blunt chisel/screwdriver may be required to drive them out.) Place panels welded side up. Insert connectors in one of the panels. The bolt holes in the connector are offset, so make sure the holes are up when inserting. Partially thread the bolt into the connector through the slotted hole in the panel. Repeat this on the other end of panel.
- Insert the attached connectors into the remaining half of the gate, making sure that it is oriented properly.
- Squeeze the two panels together. Note: The two panels have a tongue and groove feature and they must interconnect. Thread and tighten all bolts.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
We designed the original PrimaGate in 2017 for use in our own 100-pen lambing barn. A year later, the gates look as new as the day they were installed. But our shepherds asked for several improvements: 1) Shorter in height—to ease reaching in and climbing over, and 2) Less space between horizontals—to prevent escape.
Our customers liked the gates, but disliked the shipping costs.
So we set out to solve both problems. The result is… Read More » PrimaGate 2. It’s a unique modular gate (assemble to suit) that is as sturdy as the original one-piece design.
Michella L from Washington
I really love these panels, but I am very disappointed that I can not configure them into jugs. If you want to connect 3 panels, and make a "T" for dividing a pen into two smaller pens, it doesn't work. It would be great if Premier 1 would come up with a adapter to make it so that panels can be made into jugs. The panels themselves are great.
In our lambing barn, we use gates in adjacent “L” configurations to create jugs. LLLLL’s are secured together with wire loops and snap clips.