PrimaShock® 4 Fence Energizers & Kits
Premier’s new budget-friendly PrimaShock® electric fence energizers combine high joule output with dual power source options (battery or plug-in). They really impressed us during testing trials on employee farms.
- Low cost per joule: 4.3J output
- Can be used as a plug-in (AC) energizer, or as a battery (DC) energizer
- Digital LCD shows energizer output voltage, pulses per second and battery voltage (when used as a DC unit.)
- Day/night and battery saving modes
Plug unit into a 110V wall outlet, or connect to an external 12V battery. (Connectors included for both. See Specifications below.)
|Energizer Only||Plug-in Kit*||Battery Kit*|
|PrimaShock® 4 Energizer||✔||✔||✔|
|(2) Ground Rods (galvanized)||6 ft||6 ft|
|(2) Ground Rod Clamps||✔||✔|
|MaxiShock Insulated Cable||100' roll||10' roll|
|Wiring Harness||✔||✔||110V AC Adapter||✔||✔||✔|
|DC Battery Leads||✔||✔||✔|
- 4 miles of 3 strand cattle fence
- 2 miles of a 5-7 strand sheep fence
- 23 rolls of 164' sheep/goat nets
- 12 rolls of 164' poultry nets
- Requires a grounding system. Inadequate grounding is the most common failure in an electric fence system. We recommend 12 ft. of grounding for this energizer.
- 12V battery draw is 200 milliampere (mA) per hour. With this energizer, a 12V, 100 ampere hour deep-cycle battery will last 13 days. (Assumes 60% drawn down between charges.)
- To operate as a solar energizer, run the unit as a battery unit (DC) and attach a solar panel to charge the battery. (20–60 watt panel recommended.)
- 4.3 released joules
- 4.3 joules in moist soils
- 0.60 joules in dry soils
- 12V DC draw: 100-200 mA/hr
- 110V draw is 2.7 watt per hour
- 10"W x 8"H x 4"D
- Integrated on/off switch
- LCD display for output voltage and battery condition. (Replace or charge battery when battery voltage drops below 12.2V)
- 5 operating modes:
- Full Energy—pulses every 1.2 seconds
- Reduced Energy—output power is reduced 25%, energizer pulses every 1.2 seconds
- Short-day/Long-night—daytime pulse every 1.2 seconds, 2 seconds at night. Best used for day grazing with low predator pressure.
- Long-day/Short-night—daytime pulse every 2 seconds, night pulse every 1.2 seconds. Use with well-trained livestock exposed to heavy predator pressure at night.
- Battery Saving—output power reduced 25% and pulses occur every 2 seconds. Best for well-trained livestock and low predator pressure.
To use the energizer as a plug-in unit:The energizer can be mounted either inside or outside of a building. The energizer must be mounted vertically. If placing outside, protect the energizer from direct rainfall.
- Connect an insulated cable (stripped back 1–2" on ends) to the fence terminal on energizer, run the cable to the fence line and connect, or use the positive part of the wiring harness.
- Then run a second length of cable from the ground terminal (with ends stripped again) on the energizer to the ground rod(s), or use the negative part of the wiring harness.
- Secure to ground rod(s) with a clamp.
- Plug the energizer directly into an outlet and test fence. Do not use an extension cord as it may cause a decrease in voltage and expose the unit to the elements.
To use the energizer as a battery unit:
- Attach wiring harness to energizer.
- Attach the bare end of the wire with the red clip to the fence terminal of the energizer. Attach the red alligator clip to the fence.
- Attach the bare end of the wire with the green clip to the ground terminal of the energizer. Attach green alligator clip to the ground rod(s).
- Connect the energizer to the battery. (Batteries sold separately.)
- Insert battery adapter into the energizer. Attach red alligator clip from the adapter to the red “+” terminal of the battery.
- Attach black alligator clip from the adapter to the black “–” terminal of the battery.
Unit indicator light should flash and a tic-tic sound will be heard. If the indicator light doesn’t flash, then the unit/battery should be checked.
- PrimaShock fence energizer
- 50W (or 80W) solar panel with regulator
- 12 volt, 44 amp hr SLA battery
- Support box and solar panel brackets
- Ground rods, insulated wire and clamps
- Digital fence tester
To Reduce Risk & Liability
- Never place your head or upper spine near an electrified wire. Accidental head or neck contact can occur when pushing a voltage probe into the soil. Be careful when doing so to avoid head-to-wire contact!
- Never attempt to step over or climb through an energized fence of any kind.
- Never encourage anyone to touch an electric fence.
- If using the energizer as a battery unit, do not charge the battery while the energizer is connected to the battery.
Start by measuring the voltage at the end of the fence line. If the voltage is below 3000V, follow these steps to determine if the problem is with the fence, or the energizer.
Test the energizer first!
- Turn off the energizer.
- Disconnect the wires going to the fence and ground stake/rod.
- Turn the energizer back on.
- Measure the voltage on the energizer between the two terminals (positive and negative) with a digital voltmeter or other high-voltage tester. Touch one end to “-“ (earth terminal) and the other end to “+” (fence terminal). The reading tells you how well the energizer is working without any other variables.
- If the tester reads below 5000V, then the energizer (or possibly the battery) is the problem. If the voltage is above 5000V, then the trouble lies with your fence.
If the fence is at fault:
- Conductors touching another wire, steel post or the soil
- Broken or damaged insulators
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
FencingItem #147560 -
Holds solar panels of nearly any size (10 to 80 watts) at 45˚ (for maximum solar response in most conditions) on top of the energizer/battery support box.$31.50
TopItem #M505 -
Replacement parts for PrimaShock Energizers that have worn out or broken.$10.80
TopItem #MA02 -
Replacement parts for PrimaShock Energizers that have worn out or broken.$1.20
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
David L from Pennsylvania
Worked as expected.
Justin Y from Colorado
Shockingly simple, affordable and effective!
Bryan C from Indiana
Well built. More features than I needed, but for the price point it’ll be hard to beat.
Jose P from Texas
It’s really worth it.
Michael H from Ohio
I love this energizer. I am currently running 2 nets on it each 164 feet long. I am running it off of a solar setup I already had. (2x100w panels connected to a charge controller with a 200aH sealed deep cycle battery.) The fence charger is direct connected to the battery.
So far the PrimaShock has performed flawlessly even with low sunlight and short days. I truly am impressed and so happy that this package came with the 12V cables as well as the 120 AC cable for powering the PrimaShock. Outstanding product. Highly recommend.