The most effective and gentle "antidote" for a prolapsed ewe.
Used to hold a vaginal prolapse in long enough to get the ewe to her lambing date.
The soft red nylon webbing minimizes risk of tissue damage around the udder and vulva (a much too frequent result of homemade twine efforts).
Used in conjunction with a prolapse retainer.
- Allows you to help the ewe carry her lambs to full term.
- If prolapses are treated when small, the success rate is very high.
- Makes the ewe more comfortable and able to urinate on her own.
- The neck, back, and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes.
- We find that these harnesses will last for many years with moderate care.
How does it work? When a ewe strains, her neck drops and her back arches. This pulls the cross webbing of the harness tighter against the vulva and also pulls the retainer (if one is used) into the ewe. Most ewes soon cease to strain. Although ewes can lamb past a harness, we remove it when lambing starts.
- The neck, back and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes
- Snap buckles enable easy attachment, removal and adjustment
- Made from 1" and 2" nylon strapping
- Approximate adjustment sizes:
- Neck, 36"
- Neck to hips, 26"
- Hip around leg, 45"
Do not grab onto the harness as a way to catch a ewe. The buckles are designed for harness adjustment only.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Dolly S from California
Works great! I already ordered a second one.
Nicole R from Indiana
Fits my ewes without prolapse perfectly. Unfortunately it was to late for the ewe that really needed it. At least I will have an extra one for when I need it.
Alan P from Massachusetts
I never thought it would work. But it did!
John S from Indiana
I received in a timely manner, it appears to be as described. I did a “dry fit” to see how it will work. I hope I never need it.
Timothy T from Washington
Well made product, I can see how useful it will be. I have not needed it but since getting stared in this venture I have it just in case.