QuikClean Chick Brooder
Brood chicks up to 5–6 weeks of age. Chicks have freedom of movement within the secure brooder to move closer (or away from) their heat source, which can be either a heat lamp or heating plate. Slotted, wire floor allows feces to fall through to a removable collection tray.
- Hinged lid opens for easy access
- Quick, simple clean-up using the catch-all tray
- Keep your chicks warm using a heat lamp or a heating plate (up to 12" x 12")
- Keep chicks contained and protected from predators, even during their “flappy” stage
- Included heat lamp support provides 31-1/2" of clearance and can swivel when opening lid
New! QuikClean Chick Brooder Kit. Just add chicks (or keets, ducklings, and more)! All-in-one package (see Specs below and photo at right) arrives with the needed items to simplify your chick rearing.
- Included heat lamp support securely holds a heat lamp (not included) overhead
- Heating plates (up to 12" x 12") fit inside for those not using heat lamps
- Most 8" tall or shorter feeders and waterers fit within the brooder
- Galvanized metal construction resists corrosion
- Ventilated top and sides (approx. 0.5" dia. holes) allows for heat to enter and circulate
- Assembled: 39"L x 19"W x 24"H
- Inside the brooder: 37"L x 17-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H
- Wire floor openings: 6"L x 1/4"W
- Slide-out catch tray/pan: 1-1/2"D
- Capacity when using...
- Galvanized metal construction with holes for ventilation
- Included heat lamp support:
- 31-1/2" (from top of brooder to the bottom of the heat lamp support)
- 55" (from floor to bottom of the heat lamp support)
- Assembly is required
- Made in Spain
Healthy Coop™ litter additive speeds the breakdown of organic waste, which can also reduce odor and harmful bacteria.
Add FlockLeader™ ARRIVE™ to the chick's waterer to supplement essential proteins and nutrients and to help control Pasty Butt, Diarrhea, and pathogens like Salmonella and Coccidia.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sonya O from Alabama
Easy to assemble.
Brad K from South Carolina
The instructions to put it together aren’t the greatest but with a little common sense its pretty easy. And bang for the buck, I think you would have a hard time beating it. The slide out tray sold me.
Virginia W from Michigan
Love this little brooder. I have made and used plenty of different brooders over the years. I breed year round and generally have 3–5 brooders running at any given time. This is awesome for my birds under 3 weeks, I haven’t tried on my larger birds as I have a homemade 6' version of something like this that works great for the larger birds. It did arrive a little banged up but that was a shipping issue and was easily banged back out with a mallet. I love the ability to swing the lamp out of the way without touching it and burning myself. I have also used it with bantam ducks and bantam and full size chickens and it’s amazing and such a good price I will be buying another in the future.
The downsides; When doing quail when you lift the lid a bunch fly out. They start flight really early. Some of the edges are really sharp on the outside (I sanded them a bit). The pans corners are not connected and when ducks spill water it can leak out (I fixed this with aluminum tape).
I will definitely be recommending this to my poultry tending friends.
Joe L from California
I was skeptical ordering after reading the reviews, nonetheless i ordered anyway. I received a very prompt delivery with no damage to the product during transit. All pieces and parts were included as expected. The product fit together very nicely and took roughly a half an hour to complete assembly.
A couple of negatives: 1) Unit is adequately sized for about a dozen chicks for three to four weeks. I would have liked to have roughly twelve inches longer and six inches deeper. 2) if purchasing the Prima Heat Lamp with it, they don’t include a tether or clips to hang the unit. Must be bought separately.
This isn’t an industrial made unit but well built for a small operation or homestead. With minor maintenance and care it should last a lifetime. I am pleased with the purchase.
Nancy G from Tennessee
Good grief, what a nightmare to put together… sort of… I say sort of because I had to zip tie the top to the hinges. I watched the video (the provided instructions are laughable). I left the screws loose as instructed by the nice guy in the video demonstration. One leg and the top hinge pieces were over 1/8th inch off no matter how you wiggle the thing. The machining is terrible, Spain apparently doesn’t have very good manufacturing. I was sure as I was bleeding and cussing it had to have been made in China! Be wary of the ventilation holes, they are as sharp as a kitchen grater and will de-cap your knuckles! I guess you get what you pay for, I needed it in a hurry due to receiving 25 Guniea keets I wasn’t expecting. The best I can say about it is it arrived really quickly.