Replacement 110V Adapter/Charger for IntelliShock® & HotShock® Fence Energizers
Trickle charger and mains adapter for Solar IntelliShock®, IntelliShock® and HotShock® energizers. Recharges depleted batteries or operates the energizer as a 110V unit when near an outlet.
Used as a replacement for:
- Solar IntelliShock® 30
- Solar IntelliShock® 60
- Solar IntelliShock® 120 and 120X
- Solar IntelliShock® 180
- HotShock® 5
- IntelliShock® 10
- IntelliShock® 20
Note: There are two styles of adapters for Solar IntelliShock® units:
- #1132007 — 110V Adapter/Charger (external port)
- For plug-in units listed above and Solar IntelliShock units sold after Spring 2020 which have an external charging port on the front of the energizer housing.
- #1132006 — 110V Adapter/Charger (spade connectors)
- For Solar IntelliShock® units sold before Spring 2020 which lack an external charging port. These adapters use spade connectors. (See photos above.)
- 110V input
- .25-1.5 amp draw depending on level of battery depletion
- 6 ft cord
How to Use
Solar IntelliShock® models without an external port (sold prior to Spring 2020): Disconnect solar panel leads to the energizer's circuit board. Connect recharger leads to the corresponding positive/negative terminals.
Tips to preserve battery life:
- Turn off the unit. Disconnecting the unit from the fence is not sufficient, the unit will still pulse unless it is turned off.
- Clean off the solar panel. Dust and debris may have accumulated during use and as a result prevents the panel from maximum electrical production.
- When the energizer is not being used, store the unit indoors at room temperature and out of the sun. Do not let the energizer sit in the sun for an extended period when it is turned OFF as this could damage the battery.
- When not in use, ensure the battery stays above 40% charged. Lead acid batteries don’t work well when they’re left discharged, or at a low charge, for long periods of time. Periodically recharge the battery in the sun or with the included 110V charging unit. Stop charging when the battery indicator light flashes GREEN. Do not overcharge the battery.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kathleen W from Missouri
The charger is over-priced for the quality. But it is necessary, so it demands a higher price. Would suggest $10 reduction in price with a lower shipping rate. Can get lower cost charger at the local farmstore that looks identical, but is much less expensive given shipping costs. Did not want to void warranty, so bit the bullet on this one.
Shawna K from Ohio
So far so good.
Christine A from New York
Fast and very good custumer service. Thank you!