Replacement 110V Adapter/Charger for IntelliShock® & HotShock® Fence Energizers
Trickle charger and mains adapter for Solar IntelliShock®, IntelliShock® and HotShock® energizers. Recharges depleted batteries or operates the energizer as a 110V unit when near an outlet.
Used as a replacement for:
- Solar IntelliShock® 30
- Solar IntelliShock® 60
- Solar IntelliShock® 120 and 120X
- Solar IntelliShock® 180
- HotShock® 5
- IntelliShock® 10
- IntelliShock® 20
Note: There are two styles of adapters for Solar IntelliShock® units:
- #1132007 — 110V Adapter/Charger (external port)
- For plug-in units listed above and Solar IntelliShock units sold after Spring 2020 which have an external charging port on the front of the energizer housing.
- #1132006 — 110V Adapter/Charger (spade connectors)
- For Solar IntelliShock® units sold before Spring 2020 which lack an external charging port. These adapters use spade connectors. (See photos above.)
- 110V input
- .25-1.5 amp draw depending on level of battery depletion
- 6 ft cord
How to Use
Solar IntelliShock® models without an external port (sold prior to Spring 2020): Disconnect solar panel leads to the energizer's circuit board. Connect recharger leads to the corresponding positive/negative terminals.
- Turn off the unit. Disconnecting the unit from the fence is not sufficient, the unit will still pulse unless it is turned off.
- Clean off the solar panel. Dust and debris may have accumulated during use and as a result prevents the panel from maximum electrical production.
- When the energizer is not being used, store the unit indoors at room temperature and out of the sun. Do not let the energizer sit in the sun for an extended period when it is turned OFF as this could damage the battery.
- When not in use, ensure the battery stays above 40% charged. Lead acid batteries don’t work well when they’re left discharged, or at a low charge, for long periods of time. Periodically recharge the battery in the sun or with the included 110V charging unit. Stop charging when the battery indicator light flashes GREEN. Do not overcharge the battery.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kimi I from New Mexico
The plug is very cheap and comes apart. If you get this, don’t plan to plug and unplug it. In winter we were unplugging it nightly when putting chickens to bed, rather than turning off all power, so their water heat could stay on. The plug fell apart and before we could get a replacement, one of our birds tried to go though the dead fence, got stuck, and skinned its neck and head before we could get it out. Not good! :(
Earl B from Alabama
I like the adapter/charger. I let it get wet was the only reason it stopped.
Edward C from Connecticut
So far, so good. But this is my third power cord in under a year. Premier 1 replaced the first one because it just stopped working. On the second, the wire frayed at the box and the insulation broke, exposing the copper. This one, the 3rd, seems heftier and sturdier than the first two. Just wish the cord was unit was more heavy duty and the wire/insulation was thicker as it is outside. Plus, it has to be unplugged every time I enter the pen and it seems that the more times it is manipulated, the flimsier it gets. Have to use this one as there is no other choice. The fence that it powers is fantastic. Generally, I like Premier 1, just wish the power unit was sturdier. Quick delivery, great customer service.
Kathleen W from Missouri
The charger is over-priced for the quality. But it is necessary, so it demands a higher price. Would suggest $10 reduction in price with a lower shipping rate. Can get lower cost charger at the local farmstore that looks identical, but is much less expensive given shipping costs. Did not want to void warranty, so bit the bullet on this one.
Shawna K from Ohio
So far so good.