Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters.
Rapid turnaround—When most of us need sharp gear, we needed it "yesterday". So we sharpen most blades and combs in 24 hours. (Allow an extra day in June, July and August.)
How to send us your combs, cutters or blades:
- Fill out Premier's Professional Sharpening Services form (above).
- Wrap your items securely and place in a box for shipping. Be sure to include your completed form in the box.
- Return shipping will be charged as follows: For any number of comb/cutters or blades under 4.5 lbs the set cost is $7.00. If over 4.5 lbs the set cost is $10.00. Premier will return ship via ground service. If you want an air service please call for a quote.
- Send the box to us by mail or other delivery service:
Premier Sharpening Dept. 2031 300th Street Washington, IA 52353Call us if you have questions: 800-282-6631.
- Large and Small Clipper Blades
- Price assumes clean, undamaged, rust-free blades made by Premier, Lister, Oster, Aesculap, Andis or Wahl. Large Blade Sets (#868800), Small Blade Sets (#868400)
- Shearing Combs
- Price assumes clean, undamaged, rust-free combs made by Premier, Lister, Oster, Heiniger, Super Shear with 9, 10, 13, 17, 19, 20, 23, 24 or 25 teeth. (#870000)
- Shearing Cutters
- Price assumes clean, undamaged, rust-free cutters made by Premier, Lister, Oster, Heiniger, Super Shear with 3, 4 or 9 teeth. (#869000)
- Hand Shears
- We sharpen any type of hand shears. (#869100)
Precision finish…Most large clipper blades are sharpened on automated machines. Blades for camelids are double ground for a superior edge (if requested). Combs and cutters are sharpened on high-speed grinding wheels by our sharpening experts.
How good is our service?Good enough that we now sharpen over 50,000 blades, combs and cutters a year.
Premier Blade ExchangeOur offer—exchange a used, dull or rusted Lister® blade set for a new Premier blade set for only $31 (plus shipping). You save $17!
- How do you save $17 a set? You save $10 off a new blade set from Premier (they retail for $41) plus the $7 resharpening fee on the used blades.
- Must it be an exact upgrade? Fine blades for fine blades? No. Any Lister® blade may be exchanged for any Premier Surgical, Fine, Medium or Coarse blade in any combination (i.e. a Premier Fine for a Lister Medium). Note: Super Surgical and XtraCover blade sets can be included in the offer. Super Surgicals will be $45 and XtraCovers will be $33.
- Why only Lister® blades? Because they are the only blades that interchange (fit the same machines) with Premier blades.
- We will not ship these new blades until we receive your old Lister® set(s). Reshipping cost still applies.
- To recondition and/or fix severe rust—$2.50 per set additional charge. (#868801)
- Applies to blade sets, combs or cutters that have been damaged by other's sharpening and thus requires extra time on our machine. Also applies to severely rusted blade sets, combs or cutters.
- To clean dirty blades or remove light rust—$1.00 additional charge on each piece. (#870100)
- Applies to blades, combs or cutters sent to us that show light rust or still have dirt, wool, hair or lanolin upon them.
- Double grinding blades/combs for llamas and alpacas—$1.00/per bottom blade of clipper sets and combs only. (#868802)
- An edge that works for sheep, cattle and horses often disappoints those clipping or shearing llamas and alpacas. It takes double the grinding and lapping time to get blades and combs "right" for this purpose. It will save you time and hassle in the end if we know your needs and take the time to get them right for you.
Most common problem?Failure to lubricate blades and cutters often enough with a #10 white clipping oil.
Why don’t users oil more often?
- They assume water (in wet wool) is a lubricant. It isn’t.
- They fear excess oil will stain white wool or hair. Prevent this by putting only 3 drops of a white oil on the blade or tips. Run the machine for 3 seconds. Wipe away any surplus oil. Resume work.
Why is rust a concern?
- Rusted blades and combs are harder to push through fiber.
- Rusted blades/combs/cutters won’t hold an “edge.” Blades are made of high carbon steel. It will rust in hours. The weak acid from your fingers on blade/comb steel will cause rusting within 24 hours. So it’s critical, after every use, to clean blades with hot water, dry and coat them with real oil (not spray-on coolants).
Spray coolants or lubricants?Coolants lower blade/comb/head temperatures...but they are not lubricants. They do not reduce friction. So always use coolants in addition to, not in lieu of, high-quality oil.
Premier is not responsible for keeping orders separate when sending in multiple orders in one box.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Steve R from Iowa
Very quick and professional work. Thanks.
Kate C from Illinois
Awesome service! Blades are like new and came back in exactly one week!
Judy B from Missouri
Hoof trimmers were returned to me very quickly and are very, very sharp! Well done! One consideration--the trimmers with the serrated edge on one blade--I love them. But when they are sent to be sharpened that serrated blade will be sharpened off. I was surprised and disappointed by this but was told that when the straight blade is sharpened the serrated blade will no longer meet it correctly so it has to be sharpened, too. This means the serrated trimmers are turned into regular trimmers. So the serrated trimmers are really great, really adventageous as far as gripping hooves, until they have to be trimmed and then they are no longer "better" than other blades.
Abigail M from Oregon
Really enjoy Premier's services! Have sent blades to be resharpened several times over the years and they make it very easy. Wonderful service!
Dwight W from Florida
Excellent service and quality.