ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- Trimming hooves on sheep and goats.
- Multi-purpose hand shears for pruning flowers and shrubs.
- Approximate Sizes: Blades: 1-3/4"L, Handles: 3.5"L
- Sturdy plastic handle
- Smaller than our Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Japanese steel and rounded blade tips
- Note: ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
- Both ARS trimmers slice through hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips make cleaning manure from hooves without risk of injury to you or the animal.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Linda A from Oregon
I was so looking forward to my new and "sharp" pairs of ARS hoof trimmers as I pretty much had worn my other pair out. I was really disappointed that the quality of the replacement trimmers had declined significantly. They are sharp, but the spring is so cheesy that it doesn't fully open the blades after a pass. I'm going to try and "McGiver" them and put the spring from my old pair into the new one(s). For the price, I shouldn't have to do this. A replacement pair I'm afraid would be no different. :(
Annette J from Mississippi
The best purchase we have made. These making hoof trimming so much easier.
Peggy S from Oregon
I very happy with these trimmers. It made trimming my goats feet faster and cleaner then regular clippers. My goats were happy to have the task done quickly.
Angela B from Massachusetts
These are absolutely the best hoof trimmers out there. We have bought every other kind, from super-cheap ones that we used for a couple of months and threw away when dull, to a $300+ electric hoof knife, which has proven impractical and sits unused. These are easy on the hands (no blisters, secure grip, good angle), and don't slip, even on tough hooves. So far they have stayed sharp, and make the dreaded task of ram and buck hoof trimming so much easier. Great product, Premier 1!
Arnie B from South Dakota
Was sharp n cut good after about 35 hrs. Hand got sore but better than anything else I have used.