- 8.5" long
- Plated steel
How to Use
Premier Tip: When putting rubber "O" rings on your ring expander, turn or twist them on about half way down. When you roll them on, they seem to go all the way down and this makes it harder to get off the expander when banding a lamb or goat.
- Though it causes more distress (particularly ram lambs that are both castrated & docked), this lasts less than an hour if the lambs are less than 7 days old (because the nervous system is less developed).
- Rings (all sources) occasionally break so it's wise to check results a week later.
- Failing to ensure that both testicles are actually in the scrotum below the ring. This can be tricky with baby lambs and kids because the testicles are small.
- Applying rings before a lamb or kid is 24 hours old, up on its feet, nursing and active. To do so interrupts nursing and predisposes lamb to rapid death from E. coli problems ("watery mouth"). Many wait at least 2 days to apply on twins, triplets and orphans.
- Rubber rings can cause tetanus. Be sure to vaccinate ewes or does with a booster dose prior to parturition.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Molly S from New Jersey
The ring expander is fine. My only comment is that the handles are slightly shorter than the previous pair that I bought from you years ago, (which I misplaced). Had to get used to using the tool—which works fine.
Micah K from Colorado
Made banding our young buck a breeze. Rings are strong and, with this tool, even a rookie can easily turn a rambunctious young buck into a mild mannered wether.
J H from Ohio
I actually use your product to apply ice fishing reel seat bands on my custom ice rods to hold the reel on the rod. Works better than anything else I have tried or seen. Maybe a new market for you.
Juan C from Tijuana, Mexico
Use it to dock lamb tails, works fine, easy to use, and looks like will last a long time.
Lo uso para cortar las colas de mi corder, es fácil de usar y parece que va a durar mucho tiempo.
Carrie L from Kentucky
Used this to castrate and dock lamb tails. Works wonderful. And very heavy duty.