Sheep Blankets (w/o neck)
- Keeping sheep clean at shows, sales.
- As a cover to keep twine, hay, etc. out of high-value fleeces.
- As a warmer in very cold conditions.
- Use with our sheep hoods.
- Small: 35" long x 19" tall
- Medium: 39" long x 21" tall
- Large: 43" long x 23" tall
- X-Large: 46" long x 25" tall
- 2X-Large: 49" long x 26" tall
- 3X-Large: 52" long x 27" tall
- 4X-Large: 54" long x 28" tall
- 5X-Large: 58" long x 30" tall
- Has 2 leg straps.
- Dual-label system for sizes. Labels in the front seam and tallies near tail on each item.
- Quality materials using single and double stitching.
- Consistency in sizes and designs. (Too many current blankets notably vary within sizes.)
- Material is cotton/poly canvas—combines strength, durability and breathability.
- Machine washable.
- Low shrinkage when washed (only 1/2" in our tests).
How to Use
- Once you are relatively confident in the size of blanket your sheep needs, unfold the blanket and locate the "head hole".
- Put the head of the sheep through this hole and allow the blanket to go as far down the neck as possible.
- Straighten and arrange the blanket. The longer portion of the blanket should run the length of the sheep and shorter side should drape along the chest of the sheep. Pull the blanket straight/tight in all locations and strive to keep the seam of the blanket centered along the back of the sheep.
- Connect the leg straps around the back legs. There are two common methods for doing this. The first is to simply undo the snap and move the strap so it is on the inside of the leg and then re-snap it to the D-ring. Do this to both legs and the blanket will stay in place in 95% of the time if it is the correct size for the sheep.
For the situations when the blanket tends to fall off, there is an alternative connection system called "crossing". When crossing leg straps, you will simply undo the snap on the left side of the blanket and connect it to the right side D-ring. You will then take the snap on the right side of the blanket and connect it to the D-ring on the left side of the blanket. Thus the leg straps will now be crossed.
Sheep should be able to take a free and easy stride with either method, so if you notice a restricted stride, lengthen the straps (each strap has the ability to be adjusted, no extension material is required).
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Gail S from Minnesota
The quality of the fabric is great, but all the blankets run too small for the measurements stated. Had to return to purchase larger sizes.
Robin A from Washington
I have bought several of these in different sizes. yes they run bit larger but I love them for my critter's. especially the extra protection on the neck area during winter feeding. wensleydale sheep have such nice long neck fiber, so do mohair goats, these coats keep it cleaner, and so easy to put on large critter's standing. With a little bit of front seam altering and Velcro these work with my horned goats very well too!! no one has ripped or tore any of these coats like some other's I have! —4R Ranch & Fiber
Jocelyn L from Massachusetts
I bought this as a winter cover for an aged Shetland ewe who was losing her wool. After much online comparison, I chose this because of the price, easy-on design, rugged fabric, and trust in Premier1 quality (I'm a long-time customer). Like the other Shetland breeder who commented, I wish you had an XS size. The size S was huge (especially VERY long) & this ewe was not particularly small. I worried that it wouldn't stay on because there is no belly strap, but it did. Pray tell, however, why do you make this in WHITE? Wouldn't BROWN be more practical? It certainly is brown now! ;-)
Faith P from Indiana
Love these blankets! Very well made only thing I would say is as a Shetland Breeder I would greatly benefit from a XSmall size blanket for my yearlings. Great blankets to keep valuable fleeces clean!
Janice J from Maine
Really well made. I was going to make my own but after seeing these I think I'll just order another.