Hoods for Sheep Blankets
|Small (110 lbs & smaller)
|Medium (110 to 150 lbs)
|Large (150 to 220 lbs)
|X-Large (220 lbs & larger)
Refer to photo above for a, b and c reference
- Quality materials and stitching
- Machine washable
- Low shrinkage when washed (only 1/2" in our tests)
How to Use
- Open the hood up so it is three dimensional instead of flat. Put the hood onto the sheep so that the muzzle can easily go into the large single hole in the hood. Pull the rest of the hood over the head and along the back of the neck. The flap of the hood should be resting on the shoulders of the sheep.
- Pull the ears through the furthest back holes in the hood. Be careful to not bend the ear in a direction it is not naturally designed to bend, this could cause the sheep discomfort and cause them to try and get away.
- Connect the hood to the blanket using a hood pin. To determine the location, line up the hood flap with the shoulder area of the blanket, move the head of the sheep so it is in line with it's back, this is the usually the position that will cause the pinned location to pull the most on the rest of the blanket. Proceed with pinning the hood flap to the blanket - a common technique is to push the point through both pieces of material (careful to not get the sheep) and then back out and close the pin.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Shoshanah M from Wisconsin
This hood fits my Jacob sheep very well. The horn holes are in just the right spot (this sheep has two horns). Very well made, sturdy material.
Heather/tomasz J from New England
Hood pins...what can you say about hood pins? Have lots on hand to pin hoods on the blankets, but also to pin up larger blankets to fit on smaller sheep.
Brent B from Nevada
These hoods work great. They are true to size. We used on our lambs to keep clean for 4H county fair. We are very satisfied with the quality and the sizing. Our sheep didn't seem to mind the hoods or the covers.