SI-RO-MARK™ Marking Fluid
SI-RO-MARK is available from sheep and wool supply firms throughout the USA. If you do not find it at your farm and ranch store, have them contact Premier. (We're the national importer and distributor.)
- 1.06 gallon
- Made in Australia specifically for use on sheep as a marking fluid
How to Use
- Shake tin and stir well with a broad flat paddle before using.
- Dip the face of the Premier Branding Iron in the fluid. Let the paint drip off the iron (into the can) to remove excess paint.
- Press firmly against the sheep.
- Let the sheep go after branding to prevent rubbing and smearing.
- Mix paint (shake/stir) well.
- In cold climates, set the can in a warm room or warm water bath for 5-10 minutes as the paint thickens when cool.
- Use thin paint brands, not thick. The thicker the brand, the more paint is applied that needs to be or can't be washed out later.
- During application, let the paint drip off the iron (into the can) to remove excess paint.
- Brand on head, top of shoulders or neck. (Avoid the middle of the back or side for branding. This places paint in the highest value portion of the fleece.)
- Put paint in a fire to warm or thin it
- Mix paints from different manufacturers
- Let paint freeze
- Dilute unless otherwise directed by the manufacturer (consult the label)
Marking will last up to 2-4 months with variables (such as weather, wool etc).
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Handling EquipmentItem #911900 -
Panels allow animals to be diverted through the side of the chute. Enables 3-way sorting with a single pass of a herd or flock through the chute.$443.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Peg M from Idaho
Only marking paint I ever use—works much better for me than “Sprayline”. Stays on long enough for me and is recommended for high dollar fleeces.
Patsy A from Ohio
Wish it came with an easier way to pour a small amount at a time.
Ana C from California
Very disappointed. Not for use on goats.
Henry B from Minnesota
Easy to use. Easy to see. Paint stays on much longer then marking spray. Makes breeding/lambing/culling much easier.
Lynden B from Oregon
This paint is great - goes on/stays on even wet wool. Much better than all other paints we have tried. Easy to match lambs/ewes in the field.