Premier offers a wide range of DIY solar panels. We prefer glass panels (vs. plastic film) in high-output solar fence systems, but they are also useful for any application when charging a 12V battery is needed.
- Monocrystalline photovoltaic cells—convert more of the sun’s energy than polycrystalline cells, which means they can produce more kilowatt hours of electricity
- Tempered glass surface—is more durable than thin-film and can last more than 20 years, even in inclement weather
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame—helps protect the glass panel from accidental damage
- Easy to install—use the pre-drilled holes for attaching to mounting brackets (sold separately)
- ✔ Electric Fence Energizers
- Attach a solar panel to a 12V battery to recharge and increase its usable life. Or, build-your-own electric fence system.
- ✔ Chicken Coops
- Provide supplemental lighting, or power a fan to ventilate stuffy poultry buildings. Use a programmable timer to save energy.
- ✔ Around The Farm
- Power remote water pumps, or use solar panels to maintain batteries for tractors, snowmobiles and other utility vehicles that are stored for long periods of time.
- ✔ RVs, Cabins and more!
- Ideal for outdoor and winter use. Panels are lightweight and can be quickly attached to other surfaces using pre-drilled holes. Panels can be angled at 45° using optional mounting brackets.
20W Frameless — Special Closeout Price: $55.50We have a small batch of 20W Solar Panels without the outer aluminum frame. They can be added into your own system, but the panels will require their own mounting frame. We are offering frameless panels at a 25% discount for those that wish to use them.
|10 watt||20 watt||20 watt
|30 watt||50 watt||90 watt|
|Rated Voltage (Vmp)||17.2V||17.2V||17.2V||17.37V||18.64V||19.66V|
|Rated Current (Imp)||0.58A||1.16A||1.16A||2.08A||2.68A||4.07A|
|Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||21.6V||21.6V||21.6V||20.04V||22.18V||23.15V|
|Open Circuit Current (Isc)||0.68A||1.31A||1.31A||2.19A||2.85A||4.32A|
|Length of Wire Lead||70"||70"||20.5"||70"||70"||70"|
- PrimaShock fence energizer
- 50W (or 80W) solar panel with regulator
- 12 volt, 44 amp hr SLA battery
- Support box and solar panel brackets
- Ground rods, insulated wire and clamps
- Digital fence tester
- Attach the solar panel leads directly to the 12V battery terminals, or to a voltage regulator.
- Position the panel so it’s facing due south. It must be exposed to full sun throughout the day.
- Check all connections and test the panel’s output. Solar panels should have an output of 15 to 21 volts in full sunlight.
Summer vs. Winter SunlightThe maps below indicate the hours of summer and winter sunlight available per average day that have sufficient intensity to enable a solar panel to recharge a 12V battery. This is defined as the hours of solar “insolation”.
Sunlight cannot penetrate through accumulated dust, snow, ice and bird droppings. Solar panels can be used in winter, but they must remain clear. Attached batteries must remain above 40 percent charged or they will freeze.
Voltage regulators should be used in conjunction with panels larger than (or equal to) 20 watts.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
FencingItem #147510 -
Holds solar panels of nearly any size (10 to 80 watts) at 45˚ (for maximum solar response in most conditions) on top of the energizer/battery support box.$27.50
FencingItem #147560 -
Holds solar panels of nearly any size (10 to 80 watts) at 45˚ (for maximum solar response in most conditions) on top of the energizer/battery support box.$31.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sharon H from California
I bought this 10 watt panel instead of a cheaper panel for several reasons. It had a long, 68 inch cord with battery clips already attached. It also had a package of alternate attachment hardware. There were also predrilled bracket holes in the back of the frame which I used to tie to the fence. The time to find parts and get other brand panels ready, made the additional price a bargain. Premier, you should note these positive value-added features where they are easy to see.
I have bought panels with a short cord and with nothing attached. The splice to make it longer often corroded and needs redone, and there were no clips, hardware, or attachment holes.
Scott T from Missouri
Works very well. It’s my 4th panel. Have had them for over 3 years and they are very durable.
Bradly R from Virginia
Not sure how to rate this as I haven’t received the product yet. As a word of advice if you intend to purchase a solar panel be sure to either order the voltage regulator (in the same order) or call them and let them know you already have one. I ordered the battery and voltage regulator and my uncle ordered the panel. My order arrived and the solar panel didn’t ship (to the same address) because they were worried about the voltage regulator. To be fair they called and he missed the call. He also didn’t return their call but he assumed they would ship the order regardless. They didn’t. Now I have animals that need power to their netting and I am short one component and I will have to wait an additional (3) days for the panel.
Premier 1 I appreciate what a great company you are for doing your due diligence but you do specify the recommendation for the regulator. Please just ship the order next time.
William W from Massachusetts
Works great. Haven’t yet had to bring in the battery to charge it. Set it and forget it.
Virginia P from New Hampshire
These panels are great — compact and easy to position. I love not having to lug batteries around to be charged and not having to remember to check the charge so often. (I do not use them in the winter.)