Premier offers a wide range of DIY solar panels. We prefer glass panels (vs. plastic film) in high-output solar fence systems, but they are also useful for any application when charging a 12V battery is needed.
- Monocrystalline photovoltaic cells—convert more of the sun’s energy than polycrystalline cells, which means they can produce more kilowatt hours of electricity
- Tempered glass surface—is more durable than thin-film and can last more than 20 years, even in inclement weather
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame—helps protect the glass panel from accidental damage
- Easy to install—use the pre-drilled holes for attaching to mounting brackets (sold separately)
- ✔ Electric Fence Energizers
- Attach a solar panel to a 12V battery to recharge and increase its usable life. Or, build-your-own electric fence system.
- ✔ Chicken Coops
- Provide supplemental lighting, or power a fan to ventilate stuffy poultry buildings. Use a programmable timer to save energy.
- ✔ Around The Farm
- Power remote water pumps, or use solar panels to maintain batteries for tractors, snowmobiles and other utility vehicles that are stored for long periods of time.
- ✔ RVs, Cabins and more!
- Ideal for outdoor and winter use. Panels are lightweight and can be quickly attached to other surfaces using pre-drilled holes. Panels can be angled at 45° using optional mounting brackets.
20W Frameless — Special Closeout Price: $55.50We have a small batch of 20W Solar Panels without the outer aluminum frame. They can be added into your own system, but the panels will require their own mounting frame. We are offering frameless panels at a 25% discount for those that wish to use them.
|10 watt||20 watt||20 watt
|30 watt||50 watt||90 watt|
|Rated Voltage (Vmp)||17.2V||17.2V||17.2V||17.37V||18.64V||19.66V|
|Rated Current (Imp)||0.58A||1.16A||1.16A||2.08A||2.68A||4.07A|
|Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||21.6V||21.6V||21.6V||20.04V||22.18V||23.15V|
|Open Circuit Current (Isc)||0.68A||1.31A||1.31A||2.19A||2.85A||4.32A|
|Length of Wire Lead||70"||70"||20.5"||70"||70"||70"|
- PrimaShock fence energizer
- 50W (or 80W) solar panel with regulator
- 12 volt, 44 amp hr SLA battery
- Support box and solar panel brackets
- Ground rods, insulated wire and clamps
- Digital fence tester
- Attach the solar panel leads directly to the 12V battery terminals, or to a voltage regulator.
- Position the panel so it’s facing due south. It must be exposed to full sun throughout the day.
- Check all connections and test the panel’s output. Solar panels should have an output of 15 to 21 volts in full sunlight.
Summer vs. Winter SunlightThe maps below indicate the hours of summer and winter sunlight available per average day that have sufficient intensity to enable a solar panel to recharge a 12V battery. This is defined as the hours of solar “insolation”.
Sunlight cannot penetrate through accumulated dust, snow, ice and bird droppings. Solar panels can be used in winter, but they must remain clear. Attached batteries must remain above 40 percent charged or they will freeze.
Voltage regulators should be used in conjunction with panels larger than (or equal to) 20 watts.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Chris B from Alabama
Attached it to the support box w/battery and it works great!