Suspended Dome Drinker
New! Hang this gravity flow poultry waterer in your portable chicken tractor or coop to provide fresh water to pasture broilers or other flock members.
- Easy to use
- Refills from a low-pressure water source (elevated tank or bucket)
- Adjustable water level, keep shallow if moving pens daily, higher if coop is stationary
- For chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys and other poultry
- Autofills to an adjustable level
- Readily hangs in chicken tractors and portable coops
- Attaches to water source via 3/8" tubing
- System: Gravity flow
- Size: 19"H, 13" pan dia. and 1.25" pan depth
- Suited for: chicks/adults
- Number of birds: 12-100
- Can it hang: yes
- Waterfowl: yes
Note: Hoses, connectors and buckets sold separately under Accessories tab.
- To raise water level: Loosen the lock ring on the flow control shaft, turn the height control ring counter clockwise. Tighten lock ring.
- To lower water level: Loosen the lock ring on the flow control shaft, turn the height control ring clockwise. Tighten lock ring.
- Loosen the control ring until shaft is entirely removed from the housing.
- Loosen the white ring at the base of the shaft. Pull out filter.
- Pull off the press fit filter. Spray with compressed air, shake in water or hose off the filter to clean of debris.
- Reassemble in reverse order.
Use correctly sized hoses for best performance. Too small of hoses may be difficult to remove from waterer, causing stress on plastic inlets.
This is a gravity flow system, the reservoir and hose must be higher than the suspended waterer for proper flow. If the waterer does not fill, raise the reservoir.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
David R from Maine
I bought 3 of these and had nothing but problems with them. They don’t come with any directions or instructions or helpful information on setup. I got 2 of them to flow, but they constantly drip or run. The third one would not flow at all, new out of the box. I contacted Premier 1 for customer service and asked to return them. They answered my initial email and asked how I was using them. They never responded again. The online instructions indicate to use the “adapter” to tap into a bucket. Well they not only don’t include the adapter with the unit, they don’t even sell them. Directions also indicate to attach the hose, well, that isn’t included either, you have to buy that separately. I have spent hours trying to adjust these so that they will flow when they should and shut off when they should. Still don’t work reliably. I constantly go out to find water in the bucket but none in the waterer, or the waterer never shut off so there is no water left in the bucket. I would not recommend these at all. I also did not receive the type of customer service I expected from Premier 1. I will be looking elsewhere for my farming products in the future and I would not recommend these waterers to anyone.
Jarryd M from Indiana
So far works great and is a great price compared to similar products. The only reason I gave four stars instead of five is the height. The whole unit is close to 2 feet high; this means it hangs dangerously low in a two-foot-high pasture shelter. I don’t see any reason for the bell portion to be more than a few inches high. The extra height doesn’t seem to add anything. I would suggest offering another shorter version for low-profile pasture shelters. I am working on after-market modifications for the ones I have to make them shorter.
Todd S from Alabama
Very nice! Improved design compared the the old bell type with the balance weight that had to be filled with water. Easy to adjust level of water and height.
Tommy C from Texas
I was looking at the plasson drinkers when I found this. Costs less. Easy to adjust. I currently have it in my ducks mobile pen. Soon will be getting more for my chicken tractors.