T Ground Rods
This ground rod features a unique T handle, which makes it easier to grip when removing from soil.
The ground system is an essential component of any electric fence. Ground rods guide the pulse from the soil, back into the energizer. The larger the pulse or higher the resistance of the soil (because it’s dry, sandy, or rocky), the more ground rods that are needed to collect the electrons from the soil.
- 18" or 3' tall
- 1/2" diameter
How to Use
- Allow 3 ft of ground rod per joule of energy output. 18" ground rods are to be used with energizers with outputs of 0.5 joules or less
- Space 18" rods at least 27" apart
- Space 3 ft rods at least 5 ft apart
- Space 6 ft rods at least 10 ft apart
- In dry/sandy soil—use ground rods long enough to reach moist soil
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sheila M from Michigan
Works great for solar fencing. Easy to remove and replace in a different area.
Liz K from Virginia
It works, it’s easy to use, easy to move, and well built.
Anne T from Pennsylvania
These *t* grounding rods are great if you move your energizers. So sasy to pull up by hand!
Brad S from Virginia
It is refreshing to find a company that still gives a hoot about their customers. The T rods are great—good price—but what really gives me a warm and fuzzy is the great communication after the order, and without a hesitation the great packaging from your shipping department. WOW, what a great job! Premier 1 has earned my business!
George N from Michigan
Received my order promptly.