Premier’s trimming stand keeps animals secure while you trim at a comfortable height.
- Perfect for grooming an animal at livestock shows
- For clipping, shearing or foot trimming polled or horned sheep and goats (chain is secured around back of the animal’s head)
- Easy-to-turn thumbscrew for quick adjustments between tall or short animals
- Fits a wide variety of animals—from Shetlands to Suffolks
- Hot-dip galvanized for years of use
- Folding carry handle prevents legs from being caught
New! Trimming Stand Kit includes platform, headpiece, ramp, side rails and wheel kit.
- Inexpensive and durable; we challenge anyone to match Premier’s combination of cost and quality.
- Having an elevated animal when foot trimming saves your body from stress or strain. Pinchers, knives and trimmers can be used with lowered risk to animal and user.
- Restless animals don’t like to stand still. A platform restraint allows a free hand when using shearing machines or hand shears.
- Fine tune your show animals appearance by focusing on fitting the animal—not holding them still.
- Hot-dip galvanizing ensures an attractive appearance and the lowest cost per year of use. (Hot-dip galvanized steel resists rusting longer than painted steel.)
- Lightweight design is easy to carry and store.
- SHIPS FREE via Ground Service within the contiguous USA.
Trimming Stand Kit (Item #819630)
- Includes platform, headpiece, ramp, side rails and wheel kit
Trimming Stand with Headpiece (Item #819600)
- Includes platform with adjustable headpiece, but NOT ramp, side rails or wheel kit
- Dimensions: 20"W x 48"L
- Floor when raised is 22" from the ground
- Folding carry handle prevents legs from being caught
- Trimming Headpiece:
- 1" x 1" square tube is 43"H (measured from the bottom of the headpiece)
- Thumbscrew enables users to quickly adjust the front vertical bar up or down to fit most sheep or goats
- Galvanized steel construction
Optional Accessories (sold separately)
Accessories listed below will fit Premier’s Milking Stand or Trimming Stand:
- Side Rails, set of 2 (Item #819613)
- Dimensions: 25"L x 21-1/2"W
- Side rails fit securely to the stand to reduce animal movement
- Reduces risk of accidental falls from the platform
- Ramp (Item #819611)
- Dimensions: 48"L x 20"W
- Reduces effort and risk of injury to both animal and user
- Hooks directly into the mesh floor of the stand
- Integrated folding handle is convenient for carrying and storage
- Wheel Kit (Item #819626)
- 8" diameter wheels
- Insert guides are 18-1/4" apart
- Inserts into the base of stand for easy transport
- Save strain on your back and legs when carrying the stand
- Polled Milking Headpiece with Tray (Item #819620)
- Securely hold dehorned goats at a comfortable height for milking
- Built-in feeding tray holds enough feed to distract your animals during milking
- New! Horned Milking Headpiece with Removable Tray (Item #819621)
- Opens extra wide (6" to 16") to enable the control of horned sheep and goats
- Includes a removable feed tray for easy cleaning of feed debris
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Guard Dog ToolsItem #831100 -
Battery operated cordless clipping machine for livestock and pets. Perfect for grooming all hair types including dogs, sheep, cattle and horses.$197.00
Clipping and Shearing MachinesItem #829000 -
Sheep shearing machine for those new to shearing or with small to medium flocks.$324.00
Clipping and Shearing MachinesItem #828001 -
For precise removal of fleece and hair. Easy to set up and tension. A powerful, lightweight, cool and quiet motor delivers more torque to the clipper blades.$332.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Benjamin M from Washington
Overall the trimming stand is great and does the job. The stand and headpiece are very sturdy and adjustable. The ramp tends to kick loose from its moorings if your sheep aren't perfectly behaved on the way up the ramp—easy to solve with a bit of cord or zip ties. Definitely get the whole kit—we tried no side rails at first, and a ewe promptly flopped off the side. Fortunately she got her head loose first. As to the chain, for others new to a stand, after you secure it through the sliding loop, you need to then loop the chain over the two keeper pins, or else it will be possible for the sheep to release the chain by moving their head. The pins also help secure the nose, but not too tight—you'll hear breathing become difficult/noisy through the nose if you have it too tight. The wheels are clever—they have pins that slide into the stand's legs, and are quick to remove once you get it where you want it. (With the wheels installed, the stand has a pronounced upward slant.) No tools required for adjustment or wheels.
Thomas B from Pennsylvania
We welcomed home 4 sheep wethers this year. I watched shearing videos online and was very hesitant to try shearing for the first time with the sheep on their backs. This stand made shearing much easier than I could have expected. It is very study and kept the sheep comfortably contained while I slowly developed my shearing skills. It allows access to most all areas of the sheep at a much more accessible height. And the head rest adjustment allowed for the various heights of our sheep.
Emily M from Texas
This stand has saved my back and made shearing so much easier! It’s easy to transport and stores in a shockingly small footprint.
Cynthia L from Wisconsin
I am very happy with this stand. Well worth the money. I have 4 Boer goats, different ages and sizes, stand worked well for all. My daughter does my hoof trims and she liked as well. She trimmed all 4 in the time she would have spent on trim for 1 goat in the past. Really saved her back and she felt could get a better trim on the goats with this stand. I really like that Premier 1 has the complete stand kit. That was a huge selling point for me.
Ryan D from Texas
This stand is really wobbly. Had to modify it a little, now it is good to go.