VersaNest™ Laying Box
New! Versatile nesting boxes allow egg collection without disturbing peck-prone hens. Sloped floors allow freshly laid eggs to roll-out into a separate compartment, keeping eggs clean from manure and other nesting material.
- Eggs roll down full-length nesting pads into a collection tray, away from the hen
- Collection tray can be mounted to either the front or rear of the nest
- Use as a community nest (like our EcoNest Colony Box) or install the included dividers for a segmented nesting box (for shy hens)
2-hole or 4-hole capacities for medium to large flocks.
- Reversible egg collection tray can be installed either forward-facing or “out the back”
- Collection tray lid opens away from the nest to reduce debris from entering nesting area
- Removable nesting pads cover the entire floor surface, from laying area to egg tray
- Use as a colony box (blue privacy curtains provided) or with segmented compartments (for shy hens)
- Sloped top prevents the hens from roosting
- Oversized metal roosting perch is designed for chickens’ feet; lift hinged bar to exclude hens from laying area
- Ventilated sides allow extra airflow and reduce condensation
- Galvanized metal construction resists corrosion from moisture and manure
|Nest Box Comparison|
|VersaNest™ Laying Box||EcoNest Colony Box|
|Dimensions||20.5"L x 19.5"W x 20"H||40.5"L x 19.5"W x 20"H||46.5"L x 19.5"W x 21"H|
|Number of Hens||Up to 22||Up to 45||Up to 45|
Download assembly instructions above. Assembly video coming soon!
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Marcus L from Minnesota
This nest box works great! No dirty eggs. The only thing I’d wish for, is an included back. I used some sheet metal I had from another project.
Jessica C from Arkansas
This nesting box is so much easier to keep clean than traditional laying nests. I was having to replace hay almost every day in my old ones because my hens would poop in them and also crack their eggs. I always had a mess! I love the AstroTurf that’s easy to clean if there’s an accident and the incline design where my birds can’t get to their eggs. It has worked well for us!
Mike M from Wisconsin
Super easy assembly. All hardware included, not short any parts. All holes predrilled exactly where they need to be. It did take about an hour but I did take my time. I did have a local heating guy make me a 40"X20" galvanized back for it. He hemmed over a half inch on top so I could drill through for extra support screws for hanging.
I installed to coop in evening after they were roosted, left old box with only one open nesting box.
- Day 1—First morning 3-4 eggs in new one and 8-10 in old one. Took old one out that afternoon and 4-5 laid in new one that afternoon.
- Day 2—20 in new box 3-4 laid on floor of coop.
- Day 3—all in new box aside from 1 on floor.
Zach S from Kentucky
These nest boxes are great! We really like them and most importantly the chickens like them. Really has been a game changer for clean and intact eggs.
Katrina M from Rhode Island
I received this yesterday and assembled the entire thing. It was definitely a pain to assemble and took a while, but all the pieces were there and all the holes lined up perfectly. I installed it into my coop last night and went out this morning to check and the hens refuse to use it. I put some bedding in the boxes and some eggs to promote for a couple days and picked them up and put them in there but they don’t like the metal. I love the concept so I hope they take to it!