VersaNest™ Laying Box
Versatile nesting boxes allow egg collection without disturbing peck-prone hens. Sloped floors allow freshly laid eggs to roll-out into a separate compartment, keeping eggs clean from manure and other nesting material.
- Eggs roll down full-length nesting pads into a collection tray, away from the hen
- Collection tray can be mounted to either the front or rear of the nest
- Use as a community nest (like our EcoNest Colony Box) or install the included dividers for a segmented nesting box (for shy hens)
2-hole or 4-hole capacities for medium to large flocks.
- Reversible egg collection tray can be installed either forward-facing or “out the back”
- Collection tray lid opens away from the nest to reduce debris from entering nesting area
- Removable nesting pads cover the entire floor surface, from laying area to egg tray
- Use as a colony box (blue privacy curtains provided) or with segmented compartments (for shy hens)
- Sloped top prevents the hens from roosting
- Oversized metal roosting perch is designed for chickens’ feet; lift hinged bar to exclude hens from laying area
- Ventilated sides allow extra airflow and reduce condensation
- Galvanized metal construction resists corrosion from moisture and manure
|Nest Box Comparison
|VersaNest™ Laying Box
|EcoNest Colony Box
|20.5"L x 19.5"W x 20"H
|40.5"L x 19.5"W x 20"H
|46.5"L x 19.5"W x 21"H
|Number of Hens
|Up to 22
|Up to 45
|Up to 45
Download assembly instructions above.
Egg Handling SuppliesItem #530162 -
Unique way to store and display your backyard eggs on your countertop. Take from the bottom, add to the top and you will always be using the oldest eggs.$33.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Keith P from Florida
Absolute nightmare instructions. Otherwise a well built nest box.
Catherine P from Alabama
The instructions were a little confusing but we finally got it together. We didn’t use the roost bar as our nest boxes are on the floor of an elevated coop. We had one successful egg this evening after installation. It was nice and clean!
Floyd D from Oklahoma
I love this nesting box. It is everything I expected. The only problem I had was the directions are only pictures and a little hard to understand. But overall construction was not difficult.
Elisabeth O from New Hampshire
The directions are pretty horrible. I ended up taking it apart twice before I realized the last page of the 2 options for putting together were swapped. Our chickens don’t love it yet, but hopeful to get them to swap.
Robert W from Pennsylvania
The only problem I had with the nest box is when you close it up at night a full size chicken can still get in over the top of the bar. Other than that a really nice nest box.