Wide Mouth Lamb 'N' Kid Feeding Bottle
- 16 oz or 500 ml.
- Feeding bottle can be microwaved with milk inside it. (Remove the teat first. Latex melts!)
- Wide mouth makes it easy to add and mix milk in the bottle.
- Offset cap location allows better milk flow in bottle racks.
- Can be cleaned by hand or in a dishwasher.
How to Use
- Wash before each use.
- Screw off lid.
- Fill as needed.
- Screw lid back on.
Cutting the Pritchard Teat—Teats are supplied with no hole in the end and must be cut before use. Two different techniques can be used to cut the teat:
- The most common technique is to use sharp scissors and snip the tip off cross-ways. The more you snip, the bigger the hole, so don't overdo it.
- An alternate method is to not cut off the tip, but instead carefully slit the end into two halves with a razor. The two halves snap back together when not in use and self seal the end of the teat. Most importantly, this self-sealing method of cutting the teat allows you to place the teat in a partially inverted position, from which the lambs can suck at will.
- Be sure not to lose the tiny metal ball that rattles when you shake the teat. The teat will leak without this ball. This rarely happens and primarily only from washing the teats too aggressively.
- Do not use Clorox® to disinfect teats. The strong chemical reacts with the latex and can cause rapid disintegration of the teat. Be aware of imitation Pritchard Teats currently on the market. They can be identified by their stiffer, molded rubber material. Pritchard Teats are made with soft pliable latex. We have found in experimenting with imitation teats that they are difficult to use with weak lambs, goat kids or tiny lambs from triplets or quads.
- Do not leave teats sitting in the sunlight. Especially do not leave them sitting on a window ledge inside a building. This "greenhouse" situation has been known to heat the red latex until it melts into a gooey blob. As all areas of high heat are bad for this type of latex, it's best not to leave them close to an "active" wood stove or furnace.
- Do not clean the teats in boiling water. Use only warm water with a small amount of dishwashing detergent.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Shelli M from Kansas
Great quality and very helpful with the bottle rack. Pritchard nipples are durable, reliable and leak proof (IF you follow directions about cutting the hole.)
Michael M from California
These are indispensable during kidding season for us. If a doe has a tough time delivering, we can milk a little milk to get the kids going until mom is up to the task. Easy to clean, nipple works well, love the graduations on the side to determine how much each kid drinks.
Brenda O from Ohio
I love the wide mouth and easy cleaning. The measure markings were great until they wore off after only a few uses.
Jeremy F from Pennsylvania
The bottles work great and fit perfectly into the holders. It’s nice to have measurement marks on the sides. My only complaint is that the o-rings fall out of the lid from where the lid meets the bottle. It’s not caused a big problem however.
Debbie B from Tennessee
Love the wider mouths on these bottles-makes them so much easier to fill and to clean!