Wide Mouth Lamb 'N' Kid Feeding Bottle
- 16 oz or 500 ml.
- Feeding bottle can be microwaved with milk inside it. (Remove the teat first. Latex melts!)
- Wide mouth makes it easy to add and mix milk in the bottle.
- Offset cap location allows better milk flow in bottle racks.
- Can be cleaned by hand or in a dishwasher.
How to Use
- Wash before each use.
- Screw off lid.
- Fill as needed.
- Screw lid back on.
Cutting the Pritchard Teat—Teats are supplied with no hole in the end and must be cut before use. Two different techniques can be used to cut the teat:
- The most common technique is to use sharp scissors and snip the tip off cross-ways. The more you snip, the bigger the hole, so don't overdo it.
- An alternate method is to not cut off the tip, but instead carefully slit the end into two halves with a razor. The two halves snap back together when not in use and self seal the end of the teat. Most importantly, this self-sealing method of cutting the teat allows you to place the teat in a partially inverted position, from which the lambs can suck at will.
- Be sure not to lose the tiny metal ball that rattles when you shake the teat. The teat will leak without this ball. This rarely happens and primarily only from washing the teats too aggressively.
- Do not use Clorox® to disinfect teats. The strong chemical reacts with the latex and can cause rapid disintegration of the teat. Be aware of imitation Pritchard Teats currently on the market. They can be identified by their stiffer, molded rubber material. Pritchard Teats are made with soft pliable latex. We have found in experimenting with imitation teats that they are difficult to use with weak lambs, goat kids or tiny lambs from triplets or quads.
- Do not leave teats sitting in the sunlight. Especially do not leave them sitting on a window ledge inside a building. This "greenhouse" situation has been known to heat the red latex until it melts into a gooey blob. As all areas of high heat are bad for this type of latex, it's best not to leave them close to an "active" wood stove or furnace.
- Do not clean the teats in boiling water. Use only warm water with a small amount of dishwashing detergent.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
M C from Nevada
Nipple hard to cut. Seal not tight. Otherwise bottle and system works well.
Michael H from Missouri
First, I have to say that this bottle, in combination with the bottle rack, which is also sold by Premier1, is the best thing since sliced bread! I can put the bottles in the racks and the lambs feed while I can go about doing my other chores. Awesome time saver. The offset neck on the bottles is a nice idea and it works as long as you correctly orient them in the rack. The lambs are able to completely drain the bottles with very little wasted milk. The wide mouth is awesome. No more funnels! If you are still using pop bottles, you really need to try one of these. The bottle comes with one actual Pritchard nipple so it is ready to go when you get it.
I have a few critical thoughts, and hence the 4 stars, but I still would not want to be without these and the racks. The bottoms of the bottles became rounded after use a few times and now they wobble a little while on the cupboard during filling. The o-rings inside the blue caps do not fit tightly and are always falling out. The measuring marks are raised (won't wear off) but also are not painted and are hard to read. The blue painted labeling is not exactly the same height from bottle to bottle so using that as a volume indicator is also not perfect. The blue caps do not fit on the bottle perfectly and if I tighten them too much, they will pop off the threads, so I have learned to use a moderate touch here.
Three Oaks from Ohio
Very happy with these bottles! I have used the Pritchard nipples for years with a pop or water bottle but these are so much easier to fill and clean. Only downside is that the bottoms are not quite flat so they do a rock a little bit and it can be difficult to read the measurements on the bottle. Otherwise fantastic. Love Premier One too!
Sharrie C from Oregon
These are good bottles but would be nice if measurements were colored so I would not have to wear my reading glasses to see them. Black marker works ok too.
Bill T from Kansas
Recommending this product to all.