Z Tag, Long Neck Calf
Proven superior retention. Easy application. Helps prevent disease transfer.
Customize your tags! We can customize "imprint" your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
How to order—see "Customization" below. If ordering "blank" tags, type "blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
Not Scrapie Approved.
- Size: 2-3/8" x 3-3/4"
- 25 tags per package.
- Tag colors are in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Orange, Green, Blue, Pink, Purple and Red. Black not available.
Custom printing details…
- Order tags above.
- Determine imprint
- Numbers must be consecutive with or without repeating farm/ranch names. Up to 15 characters and 3 lines.
- Logos/Brands a one-time $15 setup fee per design.
- Imprint location: Front side of tag only.
- Enter tag numbers/letters either in the "Customization Instructions" box in the Shopping Cart or the "Comments" box on the Payment Options screen.
- Custom-imprinted tags are not returnable.
How do I order…
- Blank Tags—Enter package quantity of tags above and type "blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
- Individual names, numbers or replacement tags—Specific animal names on each tag as well as individual numbers out of sequence can be done. But it takes much more machine time per tag so the cost per tag is $2.50/tag and please call Premier at 1-800-282-6631.
Note: You can also hand write numbers and letters on blank tags or supplemental data on already printed tags. Use our marking pens sold under "Accessories Tab" above.
- Soft pliable plastic resists damage.
- UV resistant plastic.
- Proven superior retention.
- Easy application.
- Helps prevent disease transfer.
- Clean, precise incision helps prevent infection and disease transfer.
How to Use
- Flip applicator pin up to tag loading position.
- Insert pin into tag.
- Straighten self piercing tip and push down onto pin. Make sure tag is fully seated on the pin before tagging.
- Rotate tag to the side. Flip the applicator pin down into tagging position.
- Tag through the front of the ear only. To apply tag, squeeze handles firmly together and hold closed.
- To remove applicator, pull the Z Tags applicator straight down and away from the ear on one single motion. Do not release the applicator handles at any point during step. When the Z Tags applicator is pulled away from the ear, the pin automatically flips up to eliminate ripped ears and damage to the pin.
Instructions (included with packaging or the downloadable PDF above). There is a spare pin located in the bottom of the handle. Use a light lubricant on the applicator and pin to increase workability and guarantee long life.
When writing your own numbers with the Z Tags marking pen, be sure to apply two good coats of ink to allow maximum penetration into the tag panel. This process will guarantee longer lasting numbers.
Do not use existing ear tag holes. Conventional 2 piece ear tags damage and weaken the surrounding ear tissue; application of Z tags in these existing holes could lead to lost tags. Tag has a sharp point, please exercise caution. For animals with soft ears: young calves; it is important to grasp the tip of the ear with a free hand and hold the ear taut to add support and ensure complete penetration of the tag tip through the ear.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand). So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.