Heated Poultry Waterer
New design! Provides clean water to the flock year-round. Internal heater keeps water flowing in temperatures as low as -20°F.
We’ve listened to your feedback and have introduced several improvements over the previous version:
- Larger capacity (3 gal)
- Secure, interlocking lid
- Heavy-duty handle for carrying and hanging
- Detachable cord for non-winter use
Available Fall 2018!
- Lid is secured to the base via unique interlocking tabs
- Conical lid shape to prevent birds from perching and soiling waterer
- Insulated lid traps warmer air inside waterer
- Integrated lid handle can be used for both carrying and hanging
- Electrical cord length has been increased to 16' to allow more flexibility without using extension cords
- Built-in thermostat turns heating element on at 40°F and off at 60°F
- (3) recessed nipples are a drip-catch design.
- Capacity: 3 gal (12 qt)
- Bucket Dimensions: 9"H, 13"Dia
- Overall Height: 14"H
- Suited for: Up to 35 adult birds
- 100-watt heater
- Detachable 16 ft. grounded electrical cord
How to Use
The detachable cord can be stowed separately during warmer months.
Nipples should be placed just above the birds’ heads. The birds should stretch up slightly to drink.
A few tricks for dealing with stubborn birds:
- Remove all other sources of water. Place the new nipple waterer in the old waterer’s location.
- Bring a bird’s beak directly to the nipple waterer and flick the nipple. You may have to activate the nipple with the bird’s beak to demonstrate the new water source. (See video above.)
- Place a sunflower seed in the drip trough. When the bird pecks at the seed, it will discover the new water source.
- Use a red laser pointer to direct chickens to the nipple. Similar to house cats, our chickens will chase and follow the red light. (This was inadvertently discovered by our photo dept and is now our go-to method for getting camera-shy birds to cooperate.)
You don’t have to train every bird in the flock. Just a few will do. Once the first chickens begin drinking, others will follow.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Barbara T from New York
This waterer is a major improvement over others I have used. The chickens have clean water and my life became easier.
Leonard c from New York
Product works as advertised. Clean water on the coldest days/nights. Something we’ve been looking for. Easy to fill. Well worth the investment.
Kim W from Michigan
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!! Easy and my flock loves it. A necessity in the north
Jodi J from North Carolina
Works good for the really cold days we have. Not leavibg it out after temps stay up in 30s. Small coop n run. Water in run area but still dont want to risk a possible fire.
Stephanie M from Iowa
This heated waterer has worked well for us thus far, although the really cold weather moved on just as soon as this was delivered (very quickly, I might add!). While the jury is still out how well it will perform in the extreme cold, I like that it is easy to fill & clean. I’ve not had any issues with the lid as others have mentioned, and have it sitting on a cinder block, tall side up. It’s a little low for the rooster, but perfect for the girls. The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5, I’d love to be able to hang. All in all, so far so good.