Heated Poultry Waterer
Provides clean water to the flock year-round. Internal heater keeps water flowing in temperatures as low as -20°F.
We’ve listened to your feedback and have introduced several improvements over the previous version:
- Larger capacity (3 gal)
- Secure, interlocking lid
- Heavy-duty handle for carrying and hanging
- Detachable cord for non-winter use
- Lid is secured to the base via unique interlocking tabs
- Conical lid shape to prevent birds from perching and soiling waterer
- Insulated lid traps warmer air inside waterer
- Integrated lid handle can be used for both carrying and hanging
- Electrical cord length has been increased to 16' to allow more flexibility without using extension cords
- Built-in thermostat turns heating element on at 40°F and off at 60°F
- (3) recessed nipples are a drip-catch design.
- Capacity: 3 gal (12 qt)
- Bucket Dimensions: 9"H, 13"Dia
- Overall Height: 14"H
- Suited for: Up to 35 adult birds
- 100-watt heater
- Detachable 16 ft grounded electrical cord
- (3) replacement nipples included. Additional drip-catch nipples can be purchased separately.
How to Use
The detachable cord can be stowed separately during warmer months.
The electrical plug cap (used during summer months) fits over a nub on the bottom of the bucket.
Nipples should be placed just above the birds’ heads. The birds should stretch up slightly to drink.
A few tricks for dealing with stubborn birds:
- Remove all other sources of water. Place the new nipple waterer in the old waterer’s location.
- Bring a bird’s beak directly to the nipple waterer and flick the nipple. You may have to activate the nipple with the bird’s beak to demonstrate the new water source. (See video above.)
- Place a sunflower seed in the drip trough. When the bird pecks at the seed, it will discover the new water source.
- Use a red laser pointer to direct chickens to the nipple. Similar to house cats, our chickens will chase and follow the red light. (This was inadvertently discovered by our photo dept and is now our go-to method for getting camera-shy birds to cooperate.)
You don’t have to train every bird in the flock. Just a few will do. Once the first chickens begin drinking, others will follow.
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jason K from Montana
Seemed initially to be a good product. I thought the $15 shipping was excessive but I went for it. The lid does stay on contrary to what some reviews said. It can hang from the handle as well with the weight of it with water. Bigger issues though, and why they also send 3 replacement nipples... for the month or so I have used it, two nipples already have been leaking. There is not a water tight seal where they connect. I have put some white plumber tape around them, but still small leakage. So if you buy it, be ready to buy ample replacement nipples for it. Not impressed with this and something I didn't consider when buying it.
Cassandra M from Ontario, Canada
Love the waterer. Water stays clean. Easy to mount. Still need to test out the heating element for the Canadian winters. Electrical cable is long enough to allow for flexibility of install location.
Did not like shipping method as it incurred an additional $63.85 of brokerage fees from FedEx on top of the $50 USD FedEx shipping fee, when shipped to Canada. Other shipping methods should be offered to be more affordable. Look up fedex.ca/ancillary to assess your potential fees. Hence the 4 star rating. Unit becomes unaffordable.
Pam D from Washington
I really liked the design of these, however I bought two and they both leak, they won’t hold water for even a full day.
Ramzi A from New Hampshire
This waterer is leaps and bounds better than the previous one I was using. The detachable cord helps cut down on mess for the 9 months when its not sub freezing. The size is perfect for my 6 chickens and lasts several days. The water stays crystal clear and I'm not worried anymore about them drinking anything bad.
The only thing its lacking, and the reason I only gave 4 stars, is that it would be nice to be able to see how much water is in it. Other than that, this thing is awesome.
Vickie B from North Carolina
Right now not using the heater! But so far it’s great & chickens have adapted to it good.