The Rhinehart X-50A is a powerful 110V plug-in dehorner designed to stop the growth of horn cells in livestock.
For removing horn spurs from goat kids, lambs and calves. Dehorn goat kids between 3 days to 3 weeks of age. Burns the bud to stop growth.
The dehorner arrives to you with a goat-sized tip attached and ready for use.
- 10" long
- 6" grip
- 7 ft cord
- Max temperature 1000˚ F
- 239 watts
- Thermostatically controlled
- Arrives with 2 dehorn tips (the goat-sized tip is attached and ready for use)
- 1/2" diameter
- 3/4" diameter
How to Use
- If you prefer/need the larger cattle tip, make sure the unit is unplugged and has cooled down Warning—temperature can exceed 1000˚ F. To remove the tip, hold it with a tool or your hand and unscrew the bolt and washer located on the underside.
- The lever on the dehorner should remain at "D" for all dehorning. The "S" is for those that have the tip for soldering.
- Allow 10 - 12 minutes for the dehorner to heat up before using. Apply to the horn base for approximately 10 seconds. For more detailed instructions, reference Rhinehart's directions.
- Tip is very very hot. DO NOT TOUCH.
- Works best on kid goats that are about 3 days old. Use when the horn nub is barely there.
- Make sure the animal is held so it cannot move its head during burning.
Make sure the lever is set on "D" for dehorning. Not "S" for soldering.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Amy B from Missouri
This was our first year disbudding LaMancha goats. This did a great job. Heated up quickly and was easy to handle. The attached goat tip worked perfectly.
Quinn W from Wisconsin
Perfect! Used it to disbud 4 La Mancha goat kids. Standard tip that comes with it is perfect size. Heated up quickly and got hot enough so I didn't need to burn longer than needed. Got the X50 over the X30 to have the option of changing tips to disbud Nigerian Dwarfs kids later in the season.
Brandon V from California
Love it. Works wonderful best purchase I have made to Dehorn my goats.
Lenore T from Tennessee
I was recommended this product by an experienced goat breeder that disbudds a lot of kids every year. So far I have been vary pleased with it. It heated up nicely and I was able to disbud a kid quickly with out waiting for it to heat up again in-between horn buds.
Angie K from Wisconsin
It arrived quick and with no issues. We had 60 babies to disbud and we were able to get them all done in an afternoon. Iron stayed hot, no wait time. You will need to wear protective gloves, the iron handle gets a bit warm.