The Rhinehart X-50A is a powerful 110V plug-in dehorner designed to stop the growth of horn cells in livestock.
For removing horn spurs from goat kids, lambs and calves. Dehorn goat kids between 3 days to 3 weeks of age. Burns the bud to stop growth.
The dehorner arrives to you with a goat-sized tip attached and ready for use.
- 10" long
- 6" grip
- 7 ft cord
- Max temperature 1000˚ F
- 239 watts
- Thermostatically controlled
- Arrives with 1/2" goat dehorning tip installed and ready for use
How to Use
- If you prefer/need the larger cattle tip, make sure the unit is unplugged and has cooled down Warning—temperature can exceed 1000˚ F. To remove the tip, hold it with a tool or your hand and unscrew the bolt and washer located on the underside.
- The lever on the dehorner should remain at "D" for all dehorning. The "S" is for those that have the tip for soldering.
- Allow 10 - 12 minutes for the dehorner to heat up before using. Apply to the horn base for approximately 10 seconds. For more detailed instructions, reference Rhinehart's directions.
- Tip is very very hot. DO NOT TOUCH.
- Works best on kid goats that are about 3 days old. Use when the horn nub is barely there.
- Make sure the animal is held so it cannot move its head during burning.
Make sure the lever is set on "D" for dehorning. Not "S" for soldering.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Angie K from Wisconsin
It arrived quick and with no issues. We had 60 babies to disbud and we were able to get them all done in an afternoon. Iron stayed hot, no wait time. You will need to wear protective gloves, the iron handle gets a bit warm.
Carolyn B from Texas
When we received it, the disbudding iron was already set up for goats with the device set to D (for disbudding). This is horibble work to have to do on a very young animal, and this iron makes it a snap. We just used this the other day, so we are waiting to see the results. So far, healing up nicely.
This dehorner works very well. It gets hot enough and stays hot. There is no wait time between kids. The only issue is the handle can also get warm.