Apache Shearing Comb
Preferred by "pros" because it pushes through the wool easier. The extra wool that it leaves protects sheep from cold and sun. 3.6 mm thick, 92 mm wide with medium bevels.
For shearing range ewes, feeder lambs and winter farm flocks.
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- Sheep shearing (best done by expert shearers)
- 9 tooth
- 3.6 mm thick, 92 mm wide
- Flared on one side
- Medium bevel
- Fits any 3" shearing head
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are installed as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb (bevel) to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Daniel B from Oregon
Good comb if you've got the skill to avoid cutting the sheep. I started out with the Spirit, and have moved up to the Apache and my times have greatly improved. Premier has the best prices out there for cutters and combs.
Wonderful for cutting through sheep that produce heavy wool clips. The next best thing to using a heavy duty shearing machine! Through personal experience I would recommend just making sure the cutter doesn't extend past the bevel on the comb particulary for the Apache it's really sharp.